Chapter 40

And that was when Akina felt it. The malice that had been there seemed to triple in strength, and the paralyzing fear she felt made her think of the stories of Zeref. In that moment, she imagined her own death, her body laying limp and bloody. Was this him? The one villain that rules over all villain?

Whoever he is, I wish I never knew a man like this ever existed.
______________

Akina heard a slow clapping from the other side of the wall, but she didn't even dare look to see who was making the noise— she could already guess.

"As expected of the number four hero, Best Jeanist." The villain said. "I thought I'd blown everyone away. To pull and manipulate everyone's clothes and pill them to the side in an instant— that quick decision making... and skill... you must have nerves of steel."

There was some more commotion before a strong scent of blood hit Akina's nose, the mage knowing who exactly was the on to be injured. Best Jeanist... he didn't deserve that. Akina thought.

"This is strength from a huge amount of practice and practical experience. I don't need yours... It's a quirk that doesn't go with Tomura's disposition."

Akina looked over to hear friends, seeing the paralyzing looks of terror on their faces. And just by one look at their trembling bodies, she knew that even if they wanted to, none of them could move.

"Damn it... the hell?" A familiar voice said, causing Akina to perk up.

"Baku... go?" Akina muttered, glancing through a hole in the wall and seeing the said teen now standing in front of the masked villain.

"Sorry, Bakugo." The villain said.

More scents came to Akina's nose, first a tar-like smell, then the scent of decay, a reptile scent, a scent that mingled with other scents, two different scents in one that Akina could've place, as well as two others that she couldn't place.

"Master." A familiar voice said.

Shikigari. Akin thought, remembering the USJ incident.

"You failed again, huh, Tomura? But do not be discouraged. Just try again, I hav brought your associates back as well, even this child. Because you judged that he was an important piece." The villain said, "Do it over as many times as you need to. That is why I'm here, it's all for you."

Of course, Shikigari is learning from this insane asshole. Akina thought to herself.

Next to her, Akina noticed Midoriya starting to move, only stopping when Iida grabbed his arm to hold him back, and Akina saw that Midoriya noticed just the amount of shock and horror the others were in. It was almost like they were all thinking the same thing.

How can we get out of here?

"You're here after all, aren't you?" The villain asked, and Akina looke over the wall, watching as All Might appeared through the smoke.

"I'll have you return everything!" All Might exclaimed. "All For One!"

All For One? Is that the villain's name? Akina thought, watching through the hole as the number one hero and All For one clashed, a rush of wind blowing past her from the contact, soon resulting in a small shock wave that caused whoever was in the warehouse to be flung away.

Akina listened as All For One rambled about All Might getting weaker, and All Might proclaiming that he would take Bakugo back and bring the league of villains to an end.

There was another gust of wind and Akina summoned some vines to hold herself to the ground and to steady herself on the shaking ground.

"All Might!" Bakugo shouted, and Akina risked a glance over the wall, seeing that multiple buildings had crashed down, most likely from All Might being flung through them. The destruction was almost Fairy Tail level. As the villain forcefully opened a warp gate using Kurogiri, All Might had jumped back to where they were.