When the name appeared.

Just a warning to the, like, 2 people who are going to read this, sorry if it's crap. Also sorry for any grammar or punctuation errors. It's my first time writing a story. Ps. I'm English so sorry if things are different to how you would expect. Hope you enjoy!

I woke up, my wrist aching like the living devil. Then it hit me, it was my 11th birthday! I knew it was normal for your wrist to hurt when the name had just been written, but I wanted to wait till I was with Jay-Jay to see what it said. I quickly got out of bed and got ready for the day, then dashed off to see Jay-Jay. One of the best things about having a twin is that you always have someone to share your birthday with. I opened to door to leave my room, quietly so mother wouldn't hear, and patted down the corridor. I knocked on the door only just loud enough, and waited for Jay-Jay to open it.

His door swung open and I was met with his smiling face. "Happy 11th, Cheryl!" Jason exclaimed warmly to me. He took me in his strong arms and spun me around. I laughed gleefully and he slowly returned me to the floor. He led me, to sit on his bed with him as he asked me, "What does your soulmate mark say?".

I told him I hadn't looked and asked him what his said. "Polly," he told me sheepishly. That was not what I was expecting at all! "As in...Cousin Polly? Jay-Jay, you know that's not right. They must have made a mistake." "I don't think they did Cher, I think I do love her. But of course, I will always love you first." "As will I, dear brother, but are you sure this is what you want?" I asked him, reluctant at the answer. " Yes. But only with your blessing." "Of course Jay-Jay, I just want you to be happy." I really did, so that wasn't a lie, but I was afraid of how mother and father will react.

"Now C, what does yours say?" This was it! This was when I would find out who I was destined to love forever.

Antoinette.

Antoinette.

That was a girl's name though. There must have been a mistake. I don't even know any Antoinette's so their must have been some mistake. Mum and Dad would hate me, and Soulmates are supposed to bring you love, not hate. What on earth was I supposed to do.

Ok, I know it's short. Writing isn't exactly my first love, nor is it my second (those two titles go to music and photography) but I do enjoy writing something once in a while. Hopefully chapters will get longer over time, but I will just have to wait and see.

Bye then.