Chapter 3

It's been over a month since they found Merlin. Merlin still acted weird and still sometimes flinched but he's getting better at least Arthur hopes he was. Merlin didn't speak to anyone, didn't have any full conversation with anyone he only spoke to Gaius when he wanted some water or food. Merlin kept having nightmares but Gaius send it's normal because he went through a lot.

Every time Arthur or the knights try to ask him about what happened he would ignore them or sometimes on a bad day would scream until his lungs have out.

Arthur couldn't focus on council meeting or anything else. His mind was with Merlin and how everything was his fault. If he just listened to him and let Merlin explain he wouldn't be in this mess and Merlin would be fine.

Merlin kept acting weirder and weirder; he kept getting more distant. The first few days they thought it was normal because Merlin went through hell. However, they then realized that he slowly stopped eating, stopped communicating, stopped getting out of his room. He just locked himself in there.

One day Arthur said enough was enough and knocked the door... "Merlin?" He said "I know your in there, Merlin. You have to come out and at least eat before you starve yourself." Nothing answered back. " Merlin I swear to you if you don't open up this door right now I'll kick it open!" Arthur's words were harsher than he meant it to be but he didn't care. He wanted Merlin out of his room now! And wanted his friend back. This Merlin was like a shadow of the old Merlin. Arthur held on to hope that they will find a way to bring the old Merlin back but first they needed to get him out of this stinky room.

"Princess, I think that will only scare him let Lancelot talk to him he is more gentle than you." Gwaine said " at least he isn't the reason he is in the situation." Mumbled Gwaine.

Gwaine blames Arthur for everything that happened to Merlin. It didn't help to ease the already growing guilt in his chest. Gwaine was angry and sad he had just lost his first real fried and everyone knew that he stayed here for Merlin. Gwaine's anger kept growing through the months that Merlin went messing and he put it all out in Arthur. Arthur didn't respond, he just listened to what Gwaine said to him, he was slowly torturing himself.

When they finally found Merlin, Gwaine was overjoyed. Therefore the old Gwaine was slowly coming back and he didn't blame Arthur so much as he used too. He still does but it's rather less than 2 months ago.

"Gwaine stop it. It's not Arthur's fault." Said Lancelot " we will find a way to bring Merlin back to us. The real Merlin. But now let's ask him to open the door and give him some food and water." Gwaine and Arthur both agreed.

They knocked a couple more times but no one answered. Even Lancelot calm and gentle voice didn't make Merlin open the door up so they had to knock the door out.

When they finally entered they saw Merlin crouched in a corner his eyes never leaving the wall it's like the most satisfying thing ever. "Merlin?" Arthur said quietly while he's moving toward Merlin