Chapter 14

Once I did what I had to do, once I was done with my goodbye's, I waited outside my forest for the carriage that will bring me to my doom. I felt someone nudging my arm and it was Tachi, he had brought me my sword. I took it from him and scratched his furry little head. "Oh Tachi...I remember when you were just a wolf up, you were so close to death and you were covered in arrows but you somehow managed to survived. You know...the day after you were entrusted to me, I met such incredible people who taught me how to feel love again. I've had so many adventures in this world but none of them were as memorable as the most recent moments I had spent with all of my friends. Now it's time for you to have your own adventures. You like Willow don't you?" his tail wagged at the mere mention of her name. 

I giggled and scratched him behind the ears "I know, don't worry. She has a crush on you too. You both will make fine parents someday and I will be watching from the stars. My territory is now yours, take care of it and take good care of all of your brothers and sisters when I'm gone" he whined and he leaned his head closer to my palm. "I know, I will miss you too. I will miss all of you. I love you all so much" he howled and pretty soon everyone of them was howling their 'I love you's' and their 'goodbye's. A black carriage covered in spider webs landed infront of me. "Are you ready, Lady Okari?" the coachman asked. He was also a spider yokai. I hid the sword with magic and boarded the carriage. 

Tachi whined as he bit the sleeve of my black and white kimono, pulling me back. "Tachi...I have to go. Please, don't make this any harder than it already is" he let go of my sleeve and I boarded the carriage. As it took off, I heard the grief in the howls of my children and it broke my heart to leave them but it was better than seeing them die. As the carriage swayed in the wind, I remembered all of the good times I had spent with my friends and with Tomoe and Akura-ou. I remembered the first time I met that odd duo. How Akura-ou took me to his castle. How I took care of Tomoe when he was sick and all of the bittersweet moments I spent with him. I remembered the sakura snow fall and the dance we shared as the petals fell. I never got rid of the gift he gave me and I still wore it even after the heartbreak. I remembered all of the kisses we shared and how our tails danced with one another.

It made me cry to reminisce but I wouldn't change a thing. I had lost my chance with Tomoe, I left Akura-ou even though I promised that I would always be with him and I would never get to see Hiiragi grow up but atleast they would all live to see another day. I felt proud to have known them and that pride is what was keeping me going. "My Lady, we have arrived. Welcome to Master Tsuchigumo's castle" the place was dark and gloomy with spiders crawling everywhere. There were alot of cobwebs and there were bones stuck to them. I shivered in disgust. "This way my lady" a servant girl directed me to her master's throne. "Ah...My bride is here. Come, let Tsuchigumo see his beautiful bride" he waved his many arms, urging me to come forward.

I hesitantly moved. He was much taller than me and he was also stronger, he was surrounded by his subjects that were staring at me with hostility, lust, wonder, curiosity and the others looked to their master with jealousy. He grabbed my cheeks roughly with one of his hands and it took all of my energy to not flinch away from him. His smile was as ugly as his overly scarred face and four beady red eyes. I missed Tomoe's violet eyes and his gentle smile. "Don't look so sad, my dear. We will be married soon enough and the fox's head shall be your wedding gift" I flinched but I tried not to show my displeasure. I had to make a convincing act.

"Oh my dear Tsuchigumo, how gracious of you to give me such an extravagant wedding gift. I can't wait" I smiled alluringly at him. He smiled back and using two arms, he grabbed me by my waist and forced me to sit on his lap. I tried to keep my smile. "I know how much you despise that wretched fox so I came up with this brilliant plan. By this time tomorrow, the fox's head shall be yours"

"Well done...Now, where will I be staying?"

He called over one of his servant girls and instructed her to take me to my chambers. She bowed then motioned for me to follow her. The castle was carved into the side of a mountain, the walls were made of rock but they glittered with tiny crystals. "L-lady Okari...y-your chambers are right behind that door. I-if you need anything you can just ring the bell inside"

"Thank you..." I said with a warm smile, she bowed while her ears and cheeks flushed a bright red then she left. I opened the wooden double doors and made my way to the bed made entirely of spider webbing. It was springy but everything else in the room felt cold and lonely. It felt more like prison than a bedroom. I had made my resolve even though I knew that it was next to impossible that I would be able to accomplish my goal. I was trapped inside their fortress and they heavily outnumbered me and I had no other way to get as close to their leader as possible other than the wedding ceremony. I had to be patient but I also had to act fast. If Tomoe was going to come and rescue me then I had to accomplish my plan before they killed him.

<><><>

The next day I was summoned into the throne room by Tsuchigumo himself. When I asked why, he just said that he had a surprise for me. He also gave me dresses made of pure spider silk and they were surprisingly soft and comfy. I was currently wearing the red one as I entered his throne room. I wasn't expecting anything big but I was quickly proven wrong. Infront of Tsuchigumo's throne was Tomoe who was bound with spider silk.  "Ah~ My dear Okari, nice of you to join us." Tomoe's ears flinched and he turned towards me with a sad gaze. " As promised, I have brought you your wedding gift. Now all that's left is for me to separate the head from the body. Maybe I should prepare that now-"

"No!" I exclaimed causing the room to go quiet. All of their gazes were now focused on me. I wasn't thinking clearly when I said that and now I didn't know how to explain my behaviour. "U-uhm...No, my dear Tsuchigumo." I let out a deep breath and managed to make myself smile mischievously as I slowly strode towards him. I circled him while playfully flicking my tail to seem like I was flirting with him then I sat in his lap, my fingers barely grazing his scarred cheeks as he shivered in delight. "I want his head freshly cut after the wedding. I want him to suffer as he sees me marrying someone else. I want him to regret ever cheating on me. I want my revenge and I'd hate to spoil the fun. If you really want to kill him then I suggest we move the wedding sooner. I don't mind although it will limit my preparation time but I just can't wait any longer" he smiled while he chuckled then he wrapped one of his hands around my waist. When I glanced at Tomoe, I couldn't quite read his exact expression. It was mixed with horror, sadness, regret and anger.

"Alright. Take this fox to the dungeon. He will be the guest of honor at mine and Okari's wedding tomorrow before he dies" I flinched slightly at the horrid word and Tomoe was taken away. I will not let that happen even if it kills me. I'll take this bastard down with me. "Oh Okari~ I can't wait to marry you tomorrow. I can't wait to taste your sweetness. Not only are you beautiful but you are also powerful" I tried my hardest not to shiver in disgust. He was sniffing my neck and I could feel the tips of his fangs graze my neck. I pushed him away but was able to gain my composure and place my index finger on his lips. "Nah ah ah...how impatient. You'll have to wait 'til after the wedding, you greedy boy" I giggled as I said it. He looked at me with such lust that it made me want to kill him right then and there but I knew that it wasn't yet the time. Even if I did manage to kill him, Tomoe would still be trapped in their dungeon and they would probably take that opportunity to kill him. I had to wait for the wedding when I was sure that Tomoe would be safe.

Rest assured, by this time tomorrow, everyone will be free. I will make sure of it, even if I have to drag this bastard all the way down to hell with me.