Chapter 5

Okari P.O.V

I felt something warm and soft wrapped against my tail as I cuddled closer to the larger warm object. I opened my eyes slightly and when my vision cleared from the dizziness, I saw that fox's face. I jumped slightly and I felt something wrap tighter againt my waist and my tail. His arms were wrapped around me while his tail was wrapped around mine. I tried to pry myself and my tail off of his grasp but everytime I moved, he just coiled his grip tighter. I was forced to give up, I felt tired and my head hurt. Stupid hang-over, why did I even drink that much sake?

His eyebrows furrowed as he shifted his body slightly and that's when I noticed that I had been leaning against him the whole time. His back was leaning against a tree while I was sleeping against his chest. I felt my face flush as my hands gripped his haori tightly. I had to admit he didn't look half bad and his long silver hair felt soft. His tail was playfully mingling with mine and I felt my face flush even brighter. Let's just say that my tail is...sensitive and it's a little ticklish. "T-tomoe...s-stop...m-my t-tail..." I mumbled out as I tried to keep in my moans. S-stupid sensitive tail! W-why am I even feeling this way? 

"Hmm...Okari~ awake so soon? How are you feeling?" he said as he opened his eyes while he smirked. It was still dark out so I had no idea how long I was asleep for. "I-I would feel a lot better i-if you kept y-your tail away from m-mine..." I struggled to speak as I tried to contain the thing that was bubbling inside my chest. His smirk grew wider as he pulled his tail back and I sighed with relief. "Feel better?" he asked as he gently stroked my back to help me calm down. "Y-yes..." I managed to reply before my head hit his chest again, I felt even more exhausted after that. There was a silence until he was the first one to break it. "Okari~ you know I'm serious about you...right?" he asked as he stared down at me, I met his gaze and I could tell he was serious. Is this fox really serious? Does he really...?

"I-I'm not sure...about this. H-how can I know that you're being sincere? I-I'm not ready for this..." my heart felt heavy as the words left my mouth. I...I wasn't sure what to think. I wasn't sure what to feel at that moment. He moved his hand to grip my arm gently as he pulled me closer to him. "I know...I know...that's why I will wait, as long as it takes. I don't care if I'll have to wait a hunded years, I know it's worth the wait but Okari, please hear me out. I can honestly say that I have never ever felt this way for another woman before in my entire life. You are the only woman that's ever made me feel this...weak and defenseless, but strange enough it doesn't bother me..."

"W-what are you saying?" he leaned his face closer, his hair draping to the side of his face. "I'm saying...I'm willing to wait until you are ready because...I love you" he whispered and my whole body shivered. My heart began to race as all sorts of memories clouded my mind.

  "I...love...you...Okari"  the color drained from his face as he uttered his final words. No...Riku...please...don't go. "kari....Okari...Okari!" my breathing was ragged as Tomoe tried to snap me out of my panick attack. I was remembering too much of him. Of the human I loved and of how he was taken from me. I didn't want to feel that pain again. I didn't...want to suffer. Tomoe suddenly wrapped his arms around me and hugged me closer to him as tears trickled down my face. He whispered sweet words in my ear while he gently rubbed my back. I held onto his haori tightly, I was afraid to get lost in my own emotions and I clung to him for support.

I ended up crying for what seemed like hours but Tomoe never faltered, he kept comforting me the whole time. I was beginning to have hope that maybe my heart would be able to love again. He had so much patience with me and I didn't necessarily hate him. The way he looked at me, it wasn't like how other men looked at me. His gaze wasn't filled with lust but instead he trully cared for me. The way he spoke, it sounded gentle to my ears. It reminded me so much of how Riku used to comfort me. I missed him...but I knew that he was gone and I knew that I had to move on. I was afraid to ask for help, I was afraid to show weakness because in this world, if you dare to show weakness it will be used against you.