Chapter 3

I can't believe I'm doing this...I thought as I stood outside the house of Lady Yukiji. I didn't know why or how but my feet just suddenly brought me here. Just when I thought I wasn't going to be involved with that fox any longer, my stupid body brought me here. What do you expect me to do? Visit that little brat? Cook him some food? I can't stay...

"Oh! Okimi what brings you back here so soon?" Lady Yukiji asked as she was about to leave her house. "Uhm...I-I came to see if he was okay...A-are you going out?" I can't believe I'm acting all shy around this human. This stupid fox better thank me later.

"Yes...although I might need some help. Would you like to go with me?" I nodded then she grabbed my hand and we started to walk away from her house. "May I ask where we are going?"

"To the market, I have to get some things. You can pick up some things for your little friend too" we arrived at the market, bought the things we needed then walked back to her house. "H-how is he?"

"He's doing fine but his wounds are a little tricky to heal" when she said that, I couldn't help but bite my lip in frustration. He was struck with a sacred blade, of course it wouldn't be easy for humans to heal him. I'll have to do something and I'll have to do it sneakily. We walked inside and the first thing my eyes focused on was the door of the room where Tomoe in disguise was. "Has he woken up yet?" I asked Lady Yukiji as she was putting away her groceries. She sighed then turned to me with a sympathetic look in her eyes. "I'm afraid not, not yet atleast. Why don't you try making him something, he might wake up soon" she suggested and I nodded. I knew just what to make.

I asked her if I could use her kitchen and she nodded yes. I began to make sasamochi which was my absolute favorite so if he doesn't eat it, I'll have a snack to eat later. After a few minutes, I was done making the sasamochi. I went into his room and asked if I could have some privacy with him just to make sure no one saw me in my yokai form. I closed the door and enchanted it so that it wouldn't open without my command. I sat next to him, my body relaxing as I released my ears and tail. He was still asleep and I was getting really worried. I looked around once more to see if the coast was clear then I sighed, pressing my hands to his wound then concentrating. "Heal~" I whispered and a purple light shined on the wound from under my palms.

A moment later, the wound was almost completely healed. All that was left was for it to close up which should be easy enough considering the fact that he's a yokai. I felt a little dizzy but I was able to steady myself. I just sat there, waiting for him to wake up or even just move a little bit to show that he was okay. All that was left was for his body to heal itself. I almost jumped when he moved a bit but I was glad nonetheless. The sooner he recovered, the sooner we could leave and the sooner I could get away from him. He groaned and he squirmed, it must still hurt.

I gently stroked his head to try and calm him down then I began to hum and sing a little song I remembered from when I was little. 

(Play video)

"Let's go in the garden

You'll find something waiting

Right there where you left it
Lying upside down

When you finally find it
You'll see how it's faded
The underside is lighter
When you turn it around

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changes
Ever so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays 

(4x)"

Tomoe P.O.V

I heard her velvety voice again, she was singing so beautifully. Her song made my body feel lighter all of a sudden. Was she singing to me? I savored her sweet voice while I smelled her fragrant scent so close to me. She was so close to me and I couldn't even reach out to hold her. Soon enough, her singing ended and I dreaded every moment that her scent grew fainter. She was leaving and I didn't even know her name. All I knew was her scent, her voice and her vibrant ruby eyes. I dreaded the fact that she was leaving and I couldn't even move my body yet to stop her.