Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal

Start from the beginning

Matthew took a step closer to him, giving him a death glare. "You think she wants your crappy jacket?"

They stood face-to-face, intensely glaring at each other. They were equally as tall, and they looked like they could murder someone. I started getting a little scared.

"What makes you think she wants yours, lover boy?" Sammy asked.

Matthew crossed his arms. "You're not the one that kissed her, were you?"

I stepped in between them, pushing them away from each other with my hands. "How about you both wear your own jackets?"

"What about you?" Sammy asked.

I smiled. "My brother's picking me up soon so I'll wait."

"In the cold?" Matthew asked, raising is eyebrows. "You're going to get sick."

"No," I replied. "You both are going to get sick. Wear your jacket."

I heard a loud honk from the road and Ethan's car was parked on the side. "I have to go."

"T-that's a really nice car," Matthew muttered. "I didn't know her family was that rich..."

"Bye guys!" I waved, running to Ethan.

I got in the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt. Ethan started the car and drove.

"Did you play with water...?"

"Yeah..."

"Are you okay?"

"No. I'm freezing," I replied.

"No, I mean about yesterday."

"Oh."

Ethan sighed. "I don't know what's wrong with Dad. I'm sorry about him. And I'm pretty sure he cares about you..."

"That's great," I said in a sarcastic tone. "Sorry... I didn't mean to sound rude..."

I stared out the window, not saying anything else. We drove in silence for a while.

"I don't like kid you were with. Wasn't he the one who kissed you?" Ethan asked. "Matthew?"

"Yeah."

"I thought I told you not to hang out with him anymore," Ethan said.

"But he's my friend..."

"First of all, you're not allowed to have a boyfriend. Second, you're not allowed to have your first kiss already, but I guess that failed, huh? Third, who said you could have guy friends?"

"Is this what brothers do?"

Ethan grinned. "Is this what baby sisters do?"

My mouth dropped. "B-baby sister?"

"I don't want you hanging out with him anymore. He's a bad influence. He kissed you! You're too young! You're what, 11?"