"She's scary." Jungkook looked down at his lap before showing off the bunny teeth that were growing in. "But if she makes daddy happy, she makes me happy."

Jongsuk nodded and looked off to the side. Jungkook stood up and jumped on his father, making him fall back. "Hyung taught me how to ride a bike with training wheels!"

"No way, Kookie! That's such a good boy! How is that Kim doing? Any good?"

"He's good. He's nice. And sweet! Daddy, he's sweet and helps me a lot!"

Jongsuk nodded his head and kissed Jungkook's forehead. "I'm glad you have a friend, Kook. I'm glad he's old enough to watch you when your mom is sick."

"Hyung says he'll always watch me, dad. He promised me to always be with me!"

Jongsuk gave a sad smile, nodding. "I promise I'll be with you, too, Kook. For as long as I can be."

"......When I get the money and buildings, I'm gonna buy a big house for momma and dada."

"You don't have to do that-"

"Two big houses!"

"Kook," Jongsuk laughed, shaking his head. "Money doesn't just grow on trees. You may be set for life but you can't spend it carelessly, okay?"

"But I'll still be making money, dad."

"I know, bunny, I know. But it's not that easy. To earn a lot of money you need to work a lot. You can't just mope around. Aish.....maybe I should have this talk with you when you're older." Jongsuk playfully pinched at Jungkook's nose.

Jungkook giggled and scrunched his nose as pink lips kissed it. The dad returned the bunny like smile before seeing two people walk on the sidewalk, bags were thrown over their shoulders. The taller one looked over and smiled, speaking to the male next to him before running to the two on the grass. Jungkook clapped his hands and danced around the older boy as Jongsuk reached out to shake his hand.

"Why, we were just talking about you not too long ago, Seokjin."

"I'm honored, Jongsuk-ssi," the boy said with a shy smile, bowing his head before looking at Jungkook, squatting down and hugging him.

"Jinnie is gonna play with me?" Jungkook asked, making the other shyly stifle a laugh.

"Maybe later, Jungkook-ah. I'm playing with a friend today."

Jungkook looked behind Jin to see a boy who looked younger, holding the straps of his backpack while writing in a journal, tongue lightly poking out while concentration was scribbled across his face. Jungkook pointed at him and smiled. "He's a cute boy, Jinnie."

Jin blushed and glanced at Jongsuk, who just smiled brightly at him. "You two be safe, okay? Make sure that kid doesn't leave your house too late, Seokjin. It's supposed to rain heavily."

"It's fine. He's spending the night since mom won't be home." Jin looked at Jungkook and pinched his cheeks before grabbing them and pulling them away from his face, exposing the bunny-like teeth. "Wow. Maybe I should stop by later and give you some carrots, hm?"

"I don't like carrots..." Jungkook whined, pinching Jin's cheeks in return. Jin stood up and waved goodbye before joining the boy on the sidewalk, continuing their way home. Jungkook grinned and tugged on his father's hand. "Let's tell momma I saw Jin-hyung!"

Jongsuk frowned. "Let's stay out here a little longer, okay, bunny?"

Jungkook nodded and walked around his father to sit comfortably between his legs, leaning back and resting against his father's abdomen, closing his eyes. He felt at peace in the warm embrace of the man that cared for him. Raised him up until his last breaths. His father. It was a feeling no one should have to live without and not once did Jungkook think he'd lose something so special to him in the blink of an eye.

Two SidedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara