Fred

After the drugs had been pumped out of his bloodstream Fred opened his eyes. His mom was standing right beside him with her back to him, her silhouette ominous. He went to talk but his throat was dry and he coughed instead. He could hear her saying something to the doctor but he couldn't make out the words.

His mom was telling the doctor that she didn't want to hear a word about what had transpired to his husband, otherwise she knew people in high places in the ministry of health who only needed but a whisper and his medical license would be revoked.

She was also arranging for Fred to be wheeled to a rehab facility in Nanyuki. Somewhere he could recuperate in peace and serenity. After, he would come home and they would get back to the business of staging a coup in Ajabu digital.

She knew her husbands intentions of wanting her son to take up his mantle. She just didn't know it was on paper.

After she was done blackmailing her sons doctor she had gone back to their manor and paced up and down wondering about the safe and the money. She couldn't start tracing it that would be in vain, she concluded. She had maybe five hundred thousand bob in her bank account, that would cover Fred's recuperation.

She decided to sell her gold necklace and diamond encrusted bracelet instead. They fetched two million cash. She put back a million in the safe and changed the codes. That would throw her husband's scent. After all he didn't tell her his business nor share his pin. It was an argument he would lose. Mzee Ajabu was not in the business of getting into losing battles, especially with women and his wife milked it to the last drop.