Three Peas In A Pod (Palutena X M Reader X Lucina)

Author's Note

This story mostly focuses on angst, which isn't typical for me. I just wanted to explore into this genre. If you don't like it, you can always ask for me to change it, Johnny.

Requested by JohnnyTheEpic

_________

   It was something so great about dating both women at the same time. I get to eat my cake and have it too. Of course, I knew the drawbacks to this. If they discover my secret, I didn't know what predicament I'd be in.

   Well, sooner or later, they did put the pieces together, especially with everyone passing rumors back and forth. I thought my whole world would crumble, but I had thought wrong. 

   Yeah, they felt horrible about it. They didn't speak to me for weeks on end, but suddenly, they both called me to a meeting between all three of us. Apparently, they came up with an idea of dating all three of each other. 

   That's right. Me and Lucina, Lucina and Palutena, and Palutena and me, dating each other. At first, I thought it was a crazy idea. Nothing good will come from this, but I wanted to keep both of these girls in my life. If that was the only way, then so be it.

   From then on, I made sure to keep the balance between each other. Giving them an equal amount of affection as I could. If I couldn't manage to do that, then they would give each other some love as well. 

   I took them out on mall trips as we all held each other's hands. I turned to look at both of them, and I saw the adorable smiles on their faces. Everything felt perfect. No, everything was perfect. We had all the happiness we could ever think of. 

   Until one mistake...

_________

One day, I decided to take Palutena to her favorite restaurant. The diner had a generous amount of space and every booth was filled to the brim with people of all ages. The place had colorful and vibrant Italian knickknacks scattered along the walls, along with veins that dangled from the roof.

   I always thought that the knickknacks there were too hilarious and kept my attention, but of course, that's why it was her favorite restaurant. Because the owners keep adding more of them and Palutena would point them out. She would make jokes and stories about them that would always make me chuckle.

   I mean, she was the jokester of the relationship after all, and that's what made it all better. That's what glued all of us together. 

   "Y'know, I'm really enjoying this anniversary dinner, Palutena," I said. "Do you think we should go to a different restaurant next time? The mine doll in the corner creeps me out."

   She giggled as she ate a piece of her cowzone. "Oh, don't be silly, ___! I'll always come back to this place, and you know that. Deep down, I know you enjoy it."

   I let out a nonchalant "meh" and sipped my water, but as I did so, I saw a familiar figure charging our way. I couldn't figure who it was since they were charging through a crowd of people. But once I saw that fuming red face, I already knew it was Lucina and nearly spilled my water out.

   A waitress was following her close behind and he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Ma'am, you can't be here, you haven't gotten a table-" 

   Lucina shoved his hand away. "Get your hands off of me!" She then trudged over to our table. "What the Hell are you doing here?"

   "I was about to ask the same thing," I said.

   Palutena nearly jumped once she saw her. "Lucy, you're so red..."

   "Of course, I'm red! Why wouldn't I be?" 

   Lucina's shouting caused others to turn heads. I shrank into my chair. I wish I had the ability to teleport away. I didn't want to deal with drama, especially at this time when everything was perfect. But I have to restore order, and so took a deep breath and stood up.

   "Okay, Lucina, just tell us what's going on. We want to understand."

   She took out a calendar and showed it to us. She pointed to a date that marked "Palutena and ___'s anniversary" written in marker. "This is what's going on!"

   I saw Palutena grew immensely pale and sipped on her drink. She faced away from Lucina cautiously. 

   "And what's wrong with it?"

   "What's wrong with it? What's wrong with it. Damnit ___, can you realize that this is our anniversary, not you and Palutena's!" 

   "O-oh, I'm sorry, my dear. I had no idea that I and Palutena's anniversary was written twice on the calendar." 

   "Gee, I wonder why." She glared at Palutena.

   The goddess let out a small yelp before tapping her foot nervously along the ground. 

   "Wait, Palutena, you're the one in charge of the calendar, what happened? Did you accidentally wrote it twice?" I said.

   She shook her head and hang her head in shame. "I have to be honest with you two. No, it was no accident. I intentionally wrote it twice on the calendar. I just...I just wanted your attention."

   "Palutena..." I was lost for words. I didn't expect her to do this. No. For the most innocent one in the group, this was the tackiest thing she's ever done. Not even Lucina would pull such a trick. How could she do this to us? 

   "I know! I'm really sorry!" Palutena said. 

   "So this whole time? You just wanted him to yourself? You didn't even love me? I knew this was a mistake." She threw the calendar to the floor, causing the customers to jumped as she stormed away.

   The whole restaurant murmured their suspicions and the managers and waitress were trying to process what had happened. 

   Hell, I'm trying to process what happened as well. I turned to Palutena and she was just in a fit of tears. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry", she repeated over and over as she covered her mascara ridden face.

   "Hey, hey, now. Don't beat yourself over this." I went over to hug her, but she sprang from her chair.

   "No, this is all my fault! I'm sorry, ___, but I have done both of you dirty. I don't think we can continue this three-way, not after what I've done." 

   "But we can still tr-"

   "___, we did try. And it failed. I love you, but I just think it would be better for all of us to be friends," She said before grabbing her things and making a quick run for the exit.

   I was just left there. All to my lonesome. Both women left me the same day. I thought everything was going great. I guess my whole world crumbled after all. It just took time to get to that point.

   I left my money on the table and got out of there as soon as possible. I didn't care how much I put there. Well, then enough for to pay for the tip and the money. I wanted to give back for the commotion I've caused, but I can never give back to Lucina and Palutena to restore the emotion scar between us. 

   Hopefully being just friends will just be what it takes. Hopefully.

Tragic The End