Why Ice Cream?! (Dark Pit X F Reader)

Author's Note

Requested by MarnyQuinn

_________

   The winter storm was unforgiving once more. The winds were violent, whipping anything and anyone at sight. Not even the snow on the floor itself could stay put on the ground. There was so much snow in the air, not even a well-placed, fluffy hat on my head and my goggles can't help clear my vision.

   Every time I took a step in the snow, my feet sank deep into it. The bottom of my pants was soaking wet and my coat couldn't shield out the cold as much as I thought it would. At least my arms wrapped around me could provide added warmth. 

   I turned behind me and saw through my goggles that Dark Pit was in no better condition, hell, I think even worse. He had a thinner coat on and had a scarf around his lower face as his only way of shielding himself from the cold. The funny and not so funny thing was that he was still wearing his opened toed sandals he always wore.

   I have no idea what he was doing, but he said that he could "tough out" any storm any day. The excruciating pain visible on his squinted eyes and arched eyebrows was telling me he definitely wasn't toughing it out.

   I wanted to laugh, but that would be too cruel for my taste. Hopefully, things will get better. Well, to be honest, I doubt my wish will ever come true. I might actually think of just turning around and heading back to the mansion.

   Our destination wasn't going to be closed anyway, or that's what I thought. I spotted a faint blue and pink logo. I wiped my goggles off with my gloves and could clearly see what it was. 'Bingo! We finally made it!' I thought. 

    With much inspiration, I darted off as fast as I could. My sheer determination helped me plow through the snow with ease.

    I turned and saw Dark Pit running with me as well, although he had a confused expression on his face. He had no idea where we were going. All he knew was that I told him that we're going to someplace for an urgent errand. 

    I giggled as his reaction and just kept sprinting until I finally reached the building. The parking lot seemed empty except for the few cars that probably belonged to the employees that worked there. That means no one was going to be in our way! Just me and Dark Pit!

    I opened the door and the bell jingled in the doorway. The jingle from the bell made the lady spring up from the counter into life. 

    "Wow! I didn't expect customers today. Anyways, welcome to Baskin-Robins, how may I help you?"

    "One waffles cone with two scoops of Daiquiri Ice!" I reached for my pocket but then both I and the cashier jumped once we heard the door being slammed. We turned to the doorway to see the fuming Dark Pit making his way inside.

    He took off the scarf from his face, finally able to speak. "What is this place, I thought you said we were going to someplace urgent and-"  He stopped once he looked at the see-through glass counter. He saw the giant buckets of ice cream and that's when his skin turned bright red.

   My heart sank to the bottom of my feet. I know this wasn't good. Especially when he was the exact color of a cherry. Yet, I knew something like this was coming.

   "Wait...This is the same Baskin-Robins near the mansion?! We went all this way out into this storm just for stupid ice cream?!"

   "I-I'm sorry! If I would have told you, you wouldn't want to go in the first place," I said.

   He let out a groan. "Out of all the things you wanted was ice cream? During the winter time? When it's already this cold? Why Ice cream?!" 

    "It's never too cold for ice cream!" I smirked and shot him a cheerful wink at him.

   He only rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I'm going back. This is ridiculous." He faced the door, but before he could grasp the knob, I grabbed one his arms and held close to my chest.

   "Oh, please, oh please, oh please!" I begged as I looked up at him with puppy dog eyes. 

   "___, you're always such a crybaby, honestly. Always trying to get me to do something and if I don't, you nag abou-"

   "I really want to share this moment with you. Our anniversary that is," I said quietly. 

   "Shit! It's our anniversary? I-I didn't-"

   "Remember? Knew you wouldn't, but glad you have me around, huh?" 

   He sighed, perhaps mentally slapping himself. "I wish I bought I calendar."

   "You should." I giggled.

   "Look ___, I'm really sorry that I forgot and even went a rant there. I just...I thought you were being selfish in bringing me here without telling me for your own benefit."

   "Don't worry, my love. I forgive you." She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. I've been dating him for over a year now. I'm used to his temper, and so I've grown to become patient with him and understand him better. I'm just so happy that we made it this far into our relationship. I thought it wouldn't last this long, but it held strong. Strong indeed!

   Ever since we shared our first date here, we kicked out. But later on, we hit bumps in the road. My "crybaby" persona sometimes didn't clash well with his temper. I thought this relationship wouldn't last this long, but we eventually complied with each other's differences and it held strong. Strong indeed!

   "Babe, if you wanted to bring me here for our anniversary, why wouldn't you say so? I could have come along with ease, no doubt about it."

   "Then it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?" I booped him on the nose.

   "Er, no, no it wouldn't." He rubbed the back of his neck and grew pink. He wouldn't look me in the eye. I hope he wasn't too embarrassed.

   To change the mood, I punched him playfully in the arm. "Don't get all 'soft-served' on me!"

   He cringed. "L-let's just get the fucking ice cream already before I die from your puns."

   That only made me burst into laughter. I know deep down he loves them. And I know even deeper, he loves me.

The End