The Biggest Catch (Villager X F Reader)

Requested by Thatgirlgammer

I hope you like! Don't be afraid to ask me to change anything!

~ ❤

The morning had come, the sun high up in the air, beaming down its rays. The rays of light were so bright that they even somehow went past ___'s sleeping mask. She woke up when the light penetrated her eyes. She grumbled distastefully and tossed herself to the other side, facing away from the sunlight.  

   But once she turned the other side of the bed was way too cold, and so shifted her form along elsewhere. Yet, she didn't like the position she was in, and so she changed it, but it felt rather uncomfortable. Before you know it, ___ was shifting and morphing in all sorts of ways that even the Transformers couldn't even beat. Finally, she gave up.

   It was no use trying to go to bed at that point. And so she threw her covers off of her and stretched. "Stupid sunlight..." She mumbled as she looked out the window. She was nearly blinded at first, but her eyes adjusted to the brightness. The first thing ___ desired to see in the morning was the stream infront of her. 

   It was usually calm and nimble, but today the water was gushing out and roaring with life. It had rained last night, and so all of the rain headed down into the stream, giving it more volume. ___ beamed when she knew that fish will following the stream's current. "Perfect," she whispered to herself.

   She wanted to get there as soon as possible and so she sped past her usual weekend morning routine, and her mother took a notice.

   "Woah, sweety, why in such a rush?" ___'s mother said as she watched her child chug down her glass of milk and eat her eggs in massive gulps.

   "Fishing!" ___ said as she dumped her plate in the garbage and wiped the food off of her face.

   "Well, don't worry, the stream isn't going nowhere." 

   "But the fish are going somewhere!"

   Her mother couldn't help but chuckle. "Your fishing equipment is in the shack. And don't be out there too long, I don't want you to get sunburned or get lost." 

   "Okay!" ___ shouted as she was already out the door and headed to the shack. She got all of the stuff that she needed and ran to the stream.

   Although she paused once she spotted a male, about her age, already fishing before she got there. He was on the other side of the bank. He had a cheerful smile on his face as he concentrated on the water, waiting for any signs of tugging on his fisher line. She knew exactly who he was: Villager.

   ___'s cheeks grew red. Not with love, but with dissatisfaction. Who does he think he is fishing on my part of the stream? she thought as she walked over to her side of the bank. Although, she couldn't really be harsh about it. She was competitive, but not downright mean. "Hey, Villager. I was hoping if you could move someplace else? It isn't good for people to fish at the same spot." She knew how innocent Villager could be, and so maybe he would understand, right? Right? 

   He looked up at her noticing her words and her presence. He only stood there, his smiling turning into a devious smirk. 

   "Oh? So that's how you wanna play it, huh? Well, it's on like Donkey Kong!" ___ admitted that was a little cheesy, but if he wanted to "play", she wasn't afraid to tango. She got out her fishing pole and place her bait along the end of the hook. She flung her line into the water and waited.