Grounded Angel (Dark Pit X F Reader)

Requested by Astraea_Eos  

Author's Note

Here you go! I hope you enjoy! This is one long fanfic, and so don't fall asleep on the screen. XD

■ \ | / ■

■ / | \ ■

■ / | \ ■

_______________

   Once upon a midnight dreary, ___'s hand were weak an weary as she wrote a story on a laptop. The device's bright screen was her room's only light source as her eyes laid fixated on it. Her fingers glided along each and every key along the keyboard as she rapidly typed whatever words that came to mind in her apartment.

   She felt like there were weights on her eyelids. The more she was mesmerized by the screen, the more she wanted to close them shut. She could just doze off into her bed right by her desk where she worked, but she promised her boss that she would finish this story for them for the next newspaper issue. And so she had to do it by the end of the night. If not, she'll be doomed to be fired. She needed all the money she could get to pay off her bills and expenses.

   She looked out the window and saw the moon was just hanging in the sky along with rain hitting against the glass. It looked like it was setting no time soon, and so relieved that she would perhaps have a lot of rest if she got it done. Yet, she knew that everyone else was asleep, which only brought dread on her. 

   She decided to stop and put down the laptop. All the stress was building in her, and so she thought it was good to take a little stretch break. She looked out the window once more only to see ordinary sky and stars. Typical, she noted and was about to go back to work. Yet, something caught her eye. She saw something flapping in the distance. Could be just a bird, she thought and went back to her usual routine. All of the sudden, there was a sudden thud from above. She then heard a scream and something black flashed across her window. 

   ___ shook with goosebumps. What in the world was that? Now that was no bird. She got up and opened up her window. She was met with the harsh rain wetting her form, but her main focus was to look down. She saw some boy unconscious on the ground. 

   In a heartbeat did she close the window, put on some shoes, and ran down the hallway of the apartment complex to the main entrance. ___'s legs immediately went to work as she sprinted over to the boy. She stepped back once she saw the wings on his back. 

   What the hell?, she questioned her sanity. She was truly seeing an angel. But at that moment it wasn't the best time to really think about his odd looks. It was the matter of bringing him to a warm and dry, and safe place as soon as possible because my goodness, it was cold. And a sick angel was a no good angel.