The Sword (Link X F Reader)

Requested by _Isa_Chan 

This fanfic is going to light-hearted at first but then turns for the worst. Enjooooy!

___________

      Link didn't know where it had gone. His precious Master Sword was nowhere to be found. He swore the last time he saw it was in his arms as he held it close to his arms like he was a little girl with her teddy bear. 

   The next morning, it was just out of his hands like, "floolf", just disappeared out of his hands. He thought it slipped out of his hands while he slept, but he had searched his whole room, yet there was no sign of it anywhere. 

   "Where could it be?" He muttered as he checked his closet again. All of his belongings were scattered along the ground. His masks, clothing, arrows, his pink hearted underwear, you name it. Everything. He was quite determined to find it, but it seems his room wasn't the destination. 

   He put on a pair of shorts and entered the hallway. As soon as he heard something he heard noises in the living room. 'Someone must be here! They could be the one who stole my sword!' He thought as he went back to his room and got his trusty bow and arrow.

   He ran back into the hallway with his and slowly crept up towards the living. He had his bow lock loaded, his hand ready to leave the bowstring to let the arrow flying at whoever the intruder was. But then he spotted ___ trying to fix up their collapsed dresser. 

   She had his sword in his hand. Using it as a screwdriver to screw in a giant nail as she hummed a warm and loving tune. A screwdriver. A fucking screwdriver. 

   "What?!" He lowered his bow and arrow. "What are you doing?" 

   "Huh? Oh, I thought I needed this to screw in this nail." 

   "W-why on Ea-, no, no, no, that's the Master Sword. Not some silly tool!" He was growing a bit red. He was trying to be intimidating or serious, but he doubted he isn't making any progress in just being in shorts and pouting at her. 

   He swore, having her as his roommate was his downfall. He didn't have that many choices to decline such an offer as his roommate since Master Hand didn't have any more rooms in store when she was added into the smash gang. The mansion has expanded, but she still had a room available since those rooms were reserved for new smashers. And so they were stuck together. 

   The hyrulian thought it would be nice to have a female roommate, even hot even. What guy wouldn't want a female roommate? But the more and more he got to learn about her, the more he regretted it. Every night he could just hear her gag to her toothbrush in the bathroom and he would just be there sitting in bread contemplating about life.

   She wasn't all too bright, but a few redeeming qualities were that she was always nice and tried to be helpful at times. She was also hardworking, doing most of the chores along the house. 

   Although, they didn't have that many interactions since they had different shifts of battling on the battlefield. 

   "Well, we have no tools. And your sword was the closest to it."

   "What about a knife that's better suited. Ugh, hello?" 

   "All the knives are in the dishwasher. And it's running, sooo..." She said while rubbing the back of his head. She looked away in embarrassment. 

   With a quick swipe of his hand, he took the sword from her. "Can you not tell how precious this sword is? If it falls into the wrong hands, it'll be over!" He starting swiping the air for fake enemies. "I need it to fend off enemies that will come my way. Hah!" He made one wide thrust.

   He heard ___ gasp. He stopped and turned around. He had cut her right on the stomach. Her shirt was torn as well, showing off the already bleeding wound. 

   He dropped the sword and ran over to her. The poor thing, she was crying in pain. 

   "___, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to. Fuck," He said in frustration. He was so upset about that sword that he had accidentally hurt her. What is wrong with him? "I'll go get the Doctor Mario. Just sit sight!" 

   She did as she was told, but she was unable to respond since she was incapable to speak while crying and hiccuping. She cupped her stomach and waited for help to come.

___________

Doctor Mario finally arrived after Link's call for help. He had laid ___ on the couch, and the doctor easily had stitched up her wound and wrapped a bandage along her waist. Link was right by her side, holding her hand to comfort her while saying "I'm sorry" countless times. After the wound had been dealt with, Doctor Mario advised that they both take a break from smashing to take care of the wound and left wishing them the best regards.

   Link had laid her on her bed as softly and as carefully as he could do so. "___, I know I said this countless times, but I'm sorry what had happened."

   "I-It's fine, Link." She said nervously. 

  Every time he grimaced at "it's fine". The warrior hated such a phrase. When people mutter it during the toughest times when things aren't fine, like some delusion that things will turn alright by just muttering them. 

   He knew it was just her giving him forgiveness, but it still didn't sit well with him. He still regretted what he had done. No mere words can solve that. "No ___, I hurt you badly. As a warrior, it a shameful act for me to harm an innocent civilian, especially someone close. I want to repay you...Just somehow."

   She smiled sympathetically at his gesture. "I know, Link. I know that you feel bad for it, but you don't have to go all out for it." She thought for a second. "Yet, if you really want to repay me, how about a nice dinner date. Is that fine with you?" 

   His cheeks reddened at the idea, but he pushed his shyness to the side. "Of course. Besides, it's been a while since I've been served a decent, hardy meal. Perhaps we can catch up on things. Things I haven't gotten to learn about you." 

   After the months they've been together, they have known each other, but not thoroughly. This could open much more room to their relationship. Maybe ___ will learn more about Link than she expected. "That sounds really fun!" 

   But then another thought swarm into her head all of the sudden. It was about the sword. "I-I'm also sorry about your sword. I promise to never touch it again."

   He scoffed. "I don't really care for that anymore. As long as you don't harm yourself or lend it to anyone else, then I allow you to use it. Hell, why not use as a fork on our date."

   "Oh, Link! I never knew such a silent type like you would make jokes!" She playfully jabbed him in the shoulder with her fist, but it didn't phase him and only made him laugh in return.

   Then they both burst into a fit of laughter as that day their relationship blossomed from friendship into perhaps something more.