The Cozy Fire (Cloud X Rosalina)

Requested by Super Siayan Cash on Fanfiction.net 

This one is a bit short and sweet.

________

   Deep down within the mansion in the "man cave", not that much activity was present. There was little light and all the bottles in the fridge and in the bar were untouched. All the male smashers have gone outside except for one: Cloud. 

   He was in a small blanket as he huddled up against the fire with a tissue paper on his side. He sat on the floor, staring deep into dancing flames, he thought of how he cursed this cold. He had been sneezing and coughing ever since Autumn rolled in. 'Seasonal allergies are such a bitch,' he thought. 

   Everyone one else was having a great time of outside. Wii Fit usually raked up all the leaves and piled them into such great heights that Ness and Lucas used their powers to make them into leave castles where they played in. Duck Hunt chased the leaves that fall from the trees, on the other hand, Robin painted the still life of the hibernating trees while Shulk watched and complimented right by her side. 

   Of course, there were others that didn't like the cold or got caught a cold themselves and stayed inside. But instead of hanging out with them, Cloud wanted to be his emo self by staying alone in dark places.    

    The door to the "man cave" creaked open. The light from up top gleamed onto his back and the area around him. He grimaced before even knowing who it was. Whoever it was, they better not say a single word to him. 

   What was interesting was that he didn't hear footsteps, like they were gliding down the stairs. He heard the magic being used to such an action, but he didn't really care. As long as they float back upstairs, he'll be grateful for it. 

   "Cloud? Honey? Can I join you? The others are causing a ruckus." The voice muttered. 

   He knew who that was just by how shy and feminine it was. His angsty bitterness was replaced with a sense of happiness. A small smile crept along his face. It looked forced, but at least it was something to show that he appreciated Rosalina's presence. He was dating her after all, and she was the only face to be happy to see right now.

   "Of course." He patted a seat right next to her and opened up the covers. Rosalina sat down along the ground and scooted right next to him and then he placed the covers over her.

   Her body was so closed to his that he could feel the heat rising in his turtleneck. They never really been this close since they just started their relationship, but it was a start. He scooted next to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

   "So, what is this ruckus is all about?" Cloud asked.

   "Well, I kept watch of everyone inside of the mansion. Pacman was trying to eat all of the circle shaped crackers again, and so Luma is chasing him around right now to distract him. Ike was trying to pick a fight with Roy to see who was better the better fire swordfighter, and so I had to intervene..." She soon drifted off and plopped her head onto his shoulder. 

   "Hm?" He turned to see her asleep on him. She was already starting to snore a little. He chuckled and comb his fingers through her hair. "Must of been a long day, huh? Good night, Rosy." He kissed her on the forehead and rested his head on top of hers as they set warm by the fire.