The Date (Pit X Palutena X Dark Pit)

Requested by king-of-hydras on DeviantArt

■ \ | / ■

■ / | \ ■

■ / | \ ■

   It was that gorgeous time of day: the evening. The perfect time for the sky to show off its array of colors. Pink, purple, blue and a subtle appearance of stars created the perfect natural canvas for the young goddess to enjoy as she watered the plants in her dorm's living room.

   Palutena delightfully grinned to her flowers and herbs, gently giving them each their own proportion of water in their pots. "My, my, they're getting prettier by the minute." Yet, the goddess jumped back once a set of teeth tried to prick her. She giggled as she looked at the piranha plant Peach had given her. "Almost got me! But don't worry, I didn't forget about you, my special dear!"

   With gloves on each hand, she got out a slab of meat from a plastic bag and tossed it into the air. The piranha plant caught it in its mouth and swallowed it, not even bothering to chew. It smiled, satisfied with its meal. She patted it on its head and hummed a delightful tune.

   But all of this feeding gave her a reminder. She then decided to go to her kitchen. "I'm so worried about my lovely plants that I've forgotten to feed myself. It's getting late already." She took off her gloves and threw them in the garbage. Yet, before she could get her hands on any ingredients and spices, she heard a knock on her door.

   "Now who could that be?" She pondered as she went over to the door and opened it. No one was there. She poked her head out of the door frame to look down the hallway from both sides. Still, no was present. "Odd." She stepped forward but was spooked by a crackling noise. She looked down to see a note.

   She picked up the paper and read it word for word, her eyes trailing back and forth in deep concentration. She quickly gasped and dropped the note. "I got to tell the others! I'm going to need their help!"

_________

In Peach's room, two princesses went to work on Palutena to give her a fresh look she never had before! She didn't want to her destination in any old uniform she wore. She thought perhaps a new appearance would spice things up for her special occasion. In Peach's bathroom, there was nothing but pink splattered all over the wall, makeup items, and hair products all over the desk, along with the lingering scent of sweet perfume. There was pop music playing in the background as they had light chatter.

   "I hope this will be a good date for you! Oh, I can't wait!" Peach chimed as she braided Palutena's hair.

   "Goodness, I'm hoping too," Palutena said as she nervously sat in a chair, her leg twitching up and down to relieve some of that anxiety.

   "Now, did you find out who gave you that love letter?" Daisy was applying mascara to the goddess's cheeks, carefully and precisely adding a dab here and there.

   "No, still haven't figured out. I've been trying to figure out clues ever since it was sent to me yesterday." Palutena took out the note from her pocket. "All I know is this handwriting. It looks familiar to me."

   "Perhaps the destination could be a clue," Peach said. "Maybe you know someone that favors Chinese restaurant."

   But Palutena responded to that theory. "I really doubt I know anyone that likes to go to Chinese restaurants. Most of the boys didn't even dare to touch the sushi when Master Hand bought us some as a surprise!"

   The three girls giggled as their faced pinkened.

   Daisy could barely keep a straight face as she adjusted the goddess's fake eyelashes. "Ha, ha! Oh, poor Master Hand! He had to waste all of that money."

   "At least I had taken some and they were amazing despite. They were amazed at how I was just eating them like everyday food, haha!" Palutena resisted the urge to shed a tear to not ruin her makeup. "Besides that, I couldn't figure out who it is."

   "Can you tell us who was when you come back?" Peach asked. She was so invested in the conversation that she had forgotten about her hair. Luckily, she finished her hair and added the final touches.

   Palutena smiled at her friend. "I promise I will."

   "Done," Daisy said as applied the lip gloss.

   Both princesses backed away from her and gazed at their completed work.

   "Oh my God, you're looking too precious!" Peach said.

   "Really?" Palutena got up from her seat.

   "Yeah, really." Daisy pulled out a full body mirror from the closet and placed it in front of her.

   Palutena walked up to the mirror and glanced at herself, just staring in disbelief. "Goodness, two you weren't kidding. You gave me the best makeover I've ever witnessed in my life!" The goddess twirled around, the end of her black dress following suit. There were golden highlights along the rim and top like her regular uniform. She had black high heels that hugged her feet snuggly. The dark red lipstick really made her lips pop out, along with the added blush to make her appear more lively. She also had black eye-shadow, and don't forget her signature tiara on top of her head. Her hair was bunched up in one giant braid and had all sorts of flowers in it.

   She squealed like a little girl as she continued to twirl around in it. "I'm gonna knock the socks off whoever wanted this date with me! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! How can I repay you?"

   "Oh, nothing, sweetheart. I work at a beauty salon and so that's what I do every day, along with Daisy." Peach smiled.

   Palutena looked at the gold watch on her arm. "And in good timing too. I have enough time to spare to get there. Goodbye!"

   "Well, good luck, my dear." Princess Toadstool hugged her with much care.

   "Don't worry, I will." Palutena hugged both of the girls.

   "Bye, my dear!" Daisy advised and returned the hug. "Make sure you bring your that trusty blue staff of yours. You don't know who it could be. Might be Bowser scheming a plot!"

   "I hid it in my purse. I can magically wield it out if I need to get down and dirty," Palutena said. "Bye!" She waved at them before going out the door.