Chapter 7: Training

Zacznij od początku

The rest of the car ride was quiet. Maudie entered the drive and parked the car in the garage. Aqua and Maudie hopped out of the car and headed inside, Aqua started to ascend the stairs to her room when Maudie said, "Call me if you need anything." "I will," Aqua called back as she entered her room and closed the door.

As Aqua turned around she saw Firestar sitting on her bed. "It took you long enough," said Firestar in a grumpy tone. "Sorry, I was out with my friends," Aqua said in her defense. "And how were you able to text me?" "I borrowed Stota's emergency phone he keeps hidden in his bedroom, but that doesn't matter. We better get going, Darkmoon is not one to keep waiting." "Okay," said Aqua turning on one of her favorite shows, the Flash. She then used the pillows in her bed to make a body shaped silhouette. She then quickly changed into some black athletic leggings and a simple black tank top to match. "Ready," said Aqua as she finished putting her hair into a ponytail.

Aqua and Firestar quietly crept down the hallway and passed Stota's bedroom, where Maudie was. Luckily Maudie did not see them as she dusted off the shelves if she had it would have been rather difficult to explain her incredible recovery.

Once in the backyard, where nobody could see them, Firestar changed into his human form then jumped off the deep end into the pool with a loud splash. "Shh," said Aqua as Firestar's head popped up. "Hurry up," Firestar said in response.

Aqua rolled her eyes and stepped into the pool, it was still a little cold since it was the beginning of summer. The two new friends swam toward the cave with the waterfall and stepped on the small rock bench that helped them into the cave. After touching the cold stone floor, they began to go deeper into the cave which engulfed them in complete darkness.

Aqua was glad to have Firestar with her, he made her feel safer since he was her protector. The sound of their footsteps echoed off the cave walls, but they soon stepped in water as they approached the large waterfall that led to the Forbidden Forest.

After getting out of the stream that flowed from the base of the waterfall, Firestar led the way to the secret Guardian camp. Once they arrived at the camp, they saw Darkmoon standing in front of his house looking very irritated. "You're late," said Darkmoon in his deep voice. "Sorry I had a hard time getting out of the house, so I had to play sick," Aqua said.

"Follow me," said Darkmoon as he walked off. Aqua and Firestar followed without saying a word, there was something about Darkmoon that demanded respect, but Aqua could not figure out what and she was not one to pry.

Darkmoon led them to a hidden stream in the thick of the forest. "Now we know you have water powers, but you don't know how to control them," said Darkmoon as he approached the stream. "Today you will figure out what triggers your powers." Aqua felt really uneasy about this, but she was a little curious herself.

"Okay," said Aqua as she walked toward the stream and stood next to Darkmoon. She bent down and touched the water with the tip of her forefinger, then put her hand all the way in. Nothing happened, so Darkmoon said, "Try concentrating on the water. Block all other thoughts out of your mind."

Aqua took her hand out of the water then closed her eyes and exhaled. She cleared all the thoughts that were in her head. She felt the wind at her back and heard the trees' leaves move in the wind. Then she felt it. She could feel the water flowing in the stream. The water seemed to call to her humming and singing. She willed it to move to her command, but when she opened her eyes the water was the same as before.

Aqua threw her hands up in frustration and turned around to see Darkmoon standing next to Firestar who was now in his wolf form. "It's not working." But just as she lifted her hands up the water rose a few feet behind her. "Umm... Aqua, I think you're wrong," said Firestar inclining his head behind her at the water. "Huh?" Aqua said as she turned around just as the water splashed back into the stream getting her leggings and shoes wet.

Darkmoon knew something triggered her powers and the water rising behind Aqua just proved his theory. "Aqua what were the few instances when you used your powers?" Aqua thought back to her day at school when her powers went haywire, "Well the drinking fountain exploded, the water in my science class started to rise to the ceiling and when I went to grab my water bottle, it moved away from me."

"Hmmm..." Said Darkmoon as he thought to himself. "What hand gesture did you use to grab your water bottle?" Aqua thought Darkmoon was a little weird for asking her a dumb question, but he must have a reason behind it. Aqua cupped her right hand with her fingers apart to show Darkmoon.

He nodded his head then said, "Now do it toward the water." Aqua turned her attention back to the water and did as Darkmoon asked and ever so slightly the water began to rise at her command.

Aqua was flabbergasted at her abilities and wanted to know what else she could do. She slowly made the water shrink back into the stream, barely making a splash.

"That was awesome!" Exclaimed Aqua. "Yes it was, but I'm pretty sure you can do more than that," said Firestar. "What makes you think that?" She asked. "Well...," Firestar hesitated for a second. "Because you are destined to save us and take back your kingdom," interjected Darkmoon, saving Firestar from saying anything else. "But your powers are still far from being mastered and there is still more to discover. Come back every day around this time and we will continue to help your powers grow."

Aqua nodded her head, but still, some doubt lingered in the back of her mind. Firestar and Darkmoon were keeping something from her and Firestar's hesitation just proved it. Aqua was going to find out what Darkmoon and Firstar were not telling her even if it killed her and it just might, but Aqua would come to learn that some secrets are better left buried.