Chapter 6: The Guardians' Camp

Start from the beginning

Filled with rage at what happened, Firestar, without uttering a sound, went to a specific house that had broken pots on the ground and a hand- or paw-knitted blanket on the floor. He bent down and picked up the knitted blanket and studied it with a sad face. "Do you know this place?" Aqua almost whispered as she came up from behind Firestar.

There was a moment of silence before Firestar spoke, "Yes. This was my home." Aqua's face turned a pale color and raged coursed through her veins. How could someone do this? When Firestar had picked up the blanket, a pile of bones had been hidden underneath it. Upon seeing them Firestar started to cry, Aqua knew it had to belong to a family member of his.

Aqua walked over to Firestar and embraced him, for a long time they just stood there. Aqua hugging Firestar as he grieved the loss of a loved one. After a couple of minutes Firestar stopped crying and just stood there with a sad look on his face, but his sadness quickly turned to anger. "I could have been there to help them, to save them," said Firestar with both sadness and anger in his voice. "Firestar if you had been there you could be dead too. Then what? I would never have had you always looking after me and keeping me safe. Whether you believe it or not I think there is a reason you are still alive."

Firestar nodded in agreement and tried to stifle the boiling pot of rage. Maybe there is a reason I'm still alive, though Firestar. "What do we do now?" Aqua asked. Just as Aqua finished her sentence there was a rustle in the bushes. "Something tells me we're about to find out," said Firestar, the sense of danger bringing him back to his normal self and making him forget what he was upset about.

A lion, black panther, grizzly bear, snow leopard, tiger, and a hyena jumped out from behind the large shrubbery. "Well, maybe it's just your world, but in my world, it is odd to see these types of animals in the forest, especially together. Except for the grizzly bear," Aqua pointed out as they were circled by the animals.

The lion and tiger growled at the newcomers, and the bear stood up on its hind legs showing his full menacing height almost as if to intimidate them. Like they needed that.

Firestar stood in front of Aqua trying to shield her from the other animals. "Firestar, do something," said Aqua desperately. She knew Firestar had powers and now was the perfect chance to use them.

Just before Firestar had a chance to do anything a high-pitched cry erupted through the trees. A golden eagle flew down toward them just outside the circle of animals getting ready to eat Aqua and Firestar. All the predators surrounding Firestar and Aqua turned their gaze to the new arrival. Then the weirdest thing happened, the eagle landed right in front of them, separating them from the animals. The surrounding predators stopped what they were doing immediately and tilted their heads down, almost bowing to the eagle.

Just when things could not get any stranger, the golden eagle opened its beak and spoke in a deep voice that sent chills down their spines. "Wait," the eagle ordered the other animals as he noticed the tattoo on Firestar's wrist. The beasts stepped away from Aqua and Firestar obeying the eagle's wishes.

"Who are you?" Aqua asked the mysterious talking eagle. "A better question is who are you?" It quipped back.

"My name is Aqua."

"Aqua?" The eagle breathed taking in her appearance and searching his memories to see if she indeed was the king and queen's daughter.

"Now. Who are you?" Aqua asked still curious how the eagle could talk.

"My name is Darkmoon and I am the leader of the Guardians." Next Darkmoon turned into his wolf form, he was almost as tall as Aqua with black fur and dark blue markings covering his body just like Firestar's.