Pity Hug

Damon's POV

"Joaquin is on his way." I say looking up from my phone.

"Alright."

"Ugh would you stop with the sad attitude!" I shake her shoulder.

"I told you I'm not sad." She grumbles, yanking the covers closer to her.

I don't even respond, I already know I'm no fucking help.

///

"I'll be down in the living room with Ponyo if you need anything." She wraps a blanket over her shoulders and picks up the tiny dog.

"Wait why are you leaving?" Joaquin grabs her waist from behind.

"I'm gonna let you guys have your "bro time", just pretend I'm not even here." Her voice is so... lifeless.

"She's been moody all morning, let her leave. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out sweetheart."

"Uh okay?" He removes his hands with furrowed brows.

After she shuts the door, he comes towards me and punches me in the shoulder.

"Shit man, I'm just now starting to heal, you're gonna make it worse!"

"Good, what the hell is wrong with you?" He folds his arms over his chest.

"I'm annoyed, she won't even say what happened to her last night."

"Hell, I wouldn't either when I know the person doesn't give a shit."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, I hate when he gets all soft on me.

"Seriously dude, maybe if you actually showed some patience an shit... I mean come on the girl let you stay and rest up at her place knowing your stubborn ass wouldn't go to the hospital." He scolds.

"You know they would ask questions..."

"I get it." He gives an understanding nod. "I'm bringing her back up here, try to be nice for fucks sake."

He stomps out of the room while I pretend to ignore him, flipping through the channels.

He comes back with Lylah pouting behind him.

"Sit." He ordered and she did as told, taking a seat on her beanbag.

"Oh no you don't, you're gonna sit right next to him." He barked.

"Why am I here?" She asked in a monotone voice, plopping down next to me.

"Because, you two are going to get along."

"What's the point, I can't even be near him without him telling me off or panicking."

"Panicking?"

"Yeah just this morning he freaked out bec-" I quickly slap my hand over her mouth.

"It was nothing."

"Because we cuddled." She pulls my hand away and continues.

"You bitch." I hiss.

"You cuddled huh?" Joaquin smiles.

"It was a pity hug at most, the girl was sobbing like a baby and she wouldn't shut up, I couldn't exactly hit her so I did that, I was tired as hell." I explain.

"Sure sure. Hm I guess you have a heart after all." He jokes.

"Why don't you shut the fuck up and start the movie you brought."

We were all silent as the dumb movie played, Lylah still held a blank expression, it was creepy. She was so... robotic? Towards the end of the movie, I felt my shoulder become heavy, she had fallen asleep on me.

Should I wake her?

For some reason, I decide to leave her alone. She's had enough of my shit for one day.