Testosterone and Tension

Lylah's POV

I still can't believe this. My hopes and dreams were slowly coming true. He was starting to like me back.

"What a good way to be welcomed back." I sigh happily.

"Don't read too much into it." Mikah shakes his head.

"He asked me- no practically begged me to come, that is the biggest sign!"

"Oh yeah, let's not forget he came to us, asking for her." Trevor chimes in.

"Not helping dude." The ginger mumbles.

"Sorry I'm playing the middle field right now."

"Still, doesn't it seem a bit strange how quickly he changed his feelings for you, before you left he couldn't stand you."

"He had a week to realize how much he missed my company that's all, now he wants to impress me- weird brag but it's a start." She shrugs.

"We're going with you, don't even try to talk us out of it."

"To spy-"

"No for...precaution."

"He's got a point now that I think about it." Trevor gives a sympathetic smile as he sits at the end of my bed.

"Why can't you guys just see that he's mesmerized and obsessed with me now like every other guy." I whine and flop down into my pillow.

"We both know this one isn't the same." Mikah sighs.

///

We push our way through the sweaty guys and slutty women until we finally see the makeshift arena.

"I guess we do have the right place after all." Trevor plugs his nose.

"I'm kind of excited, all the testosterone, all the tension, oh God I'm gonna pass out." I sigh.

"Don't tell me you get off to this crap now?" Mikah raises an eyebrow at me.

"N-no fuck off." I shove him by the shoulder.

I look past a few shoulders until I could finally see him, I had to stop myself from drooling over his naked chest with his tattoos on full display.

Mother would be so proud.

He slung his arm over the rope as he looked into the crowd. His eyes narrowed as he found me, my heart couldn't help but pound in my chest.

The fight began and the two boys circled each other as they start swinging at each other. They duck and dodge for a while but something stood out to me- Damon gave a weird nod to his opponent, almost like a signal of some sort.

"What was that?" I ask more so to myself.

Damon gave me a quick glance, to see if I'm looking before throwing a punch to the man in the ribs. He soon returns the blow to his jaw.

If I didn't know any better, I would think he was trying to lose?

Why?

Throughout the entire fight, Damon really didn't do much. He was either losing on purpose or he really couldn't fight. It was hard to tell since I've never seen anything but wrestling on tv.

Then he did something- he smiled at me.

It clicked.

I drag them away from the crowd as they stare at me suspiciously.

"Guys, I know why he brought me here."