35. Meet and Greet

"Oh my God I am so excited," Ashley said happily from the back seat. Josh was currently driving himself, Tyler, his sister to the arena her concert was at. They were playing their newest album, Youngblood, per Ashley's request and Josh had admit it was pretty good.

"I know you are," Josh laughed as he merged on to the highway. "I'm happy for you."

"Please never break up with Tyler. Ever," Ashley told him.

Josh smiled and grabbed Tyler's hand, resting it on the center console. "I don't plan on it anytime soon."

"I hate you," Tyler mumbled. Josh looked over and he was hiding his face with his other hand, grin behind it.

"I hate you too," Josh hummed.

"I love you guys. Thanks for helping me win them and going with me. And thanks for not being assholes. Most older brothers and their friends are assholes," the fifteen year old spoke sincerely. "Or I guess boyfriend."

"Well I'm not an asshole to the people I love," Josh replied. "Simple as that."

The rest of the ride there was silent as they just listened to the album playing through Josh's aux cord. Once he pulled into the parking garage, paid, and parked, the three got out and began walking out to make their way to the venue.

They approached the front of it and Ashley's eyes lit up when she saw the merch table sitting outside. There was also a line of people waiting at the doors but there weren't a ton since it was the meet and greet line. "Josh we have thirty more minutes until we have to be in line. Can we go get a shirt?"

He looked over and it was practically empty. He assumed they had put one up for people going into the meet and greet and wanting to get anything early. There were only two other girls in line and moments after Ashley spoke, they were walking away with shirts and giggling. "Yeah, we have time," Josh nodded and the three of them headed over. 

The person working the table watched as Ashley scanned the walls, deciding which one she wanted. "Don't worry Mom gave me money," Ashley told her older brother as she kept looking. Finally, she decided. "I'll take number three in a medium."

"That'll be $45."

"Shit," Ashley said. "I didn't see the price. Mom only have me $40."

Before Josh could even reply, Tyler took his hand out of the former's and pulled out his own wallet. He took out a $50 and handed it to the venue employee. "Here you go,"

"Tyler," Josh looked at him. "Don't buy my little sister things."

"I'm not," he grabbed the change. "Thank you," he put his wallet away. "I'm buying my little sister things. Besides, I have the money. We all know I'm not gonna spend it on myself and I really don't want my family to use it so..."

"Fine," Josh sighed. "I love you," he grumbled.

"I love you too," Tyler smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks Tyler," Ashley smiled as she put her shirt in her backpack.

"Of course."

They entered the line for the meet and greet and realized they still had twenty minutes before it started. "So..." Tyler piped up. "Tell me about the band. I've heard a few of their songs on the radio and stuff but I don't really know anything about them."

"Well there's Luke, Michael, Ashton, and Calum," Ashley began. Josh watched the way her face lit up and how happy she looked talking about them. He saw that Tyler noticed too and he smiled, knowing that must've been the plan. "My favorite is Calum he's very underrated and he's..."