1. Celebration

Tyler stood at his locker, grabbing the few papers that were left in there over the school year. He had just walked into school and knowing he was fifteen minutes early, decided to clean out his space so he didn't have to after school. No one wanted to stay at school longer than they were supposed to- especially on the last day.

Suddenly, as he was grabbing the last math worksheet out, he felt pressure on his shoulders as someone jumped. The brunette let out a sound of surprise and he turned and playfully glared at his friend. "Sorry, Ty... but can you believe it? The last day of school!"

Tyler left a small smile settle on his face. "We made it, Josh."

"We did," Josh smiled back, nudging his best friend's shoulder with his own.

Tyler made sure the space that previously belonged to him was empty before shutting it for the final time and walking over the trash can in the hallway to deposit his old papers and wrappers. Josh followed him over so they could walk to class together. "Just these two finals," he sighed contently. "Then we're free!" He shouted dramatically, gaining a few stares from other students.

"Josh," Tyler let a chuckle escape his lips. "This isn't prison."

"You sure about that? The food tastes like that shit in the bags they bring in during the middle of season 3 in Orange is the New Black."

"Oh my God, shut up," Tyler jokingly shoved him, resulting in a snicker from the red haired boy. The two headed towards their Spanish classroom- one of the few classes they actually had together. "Are you still going to Pete's tonight?"

"Duh," Josh said obviously. "It's una celebración!"

"Half of that was in English. How are you even passing Señora Ramirez's class?"

"Yo soy muy inteligente," Josh put a hand over his heart, acting offended. "You have no faith in me? ¡Mi corazón!"

"I hate you," Tyler laughed out.

"Te amo tambíen, Señor Joseph," Josh replied with a cheeky grin on his face.

Tyler just shook his head as he opened the door, motioning for Josh to go first. "¡Gracias, Tyler!"

"Hola, Señor Dun. ¿Estás preparado para el examen final?"

"Huh?"

---

"Okay, 'what gets better with age?'... Robert Downey Jr.," Hayley said as she held up her card, holding back a laugh.

"Of course your Marvel stanning ass-" Brendon began.

"Shut up!" Hayley pointed at her friend. "Shut! Up!" she laughed out.

The rest of the group erupted into laughter as well. "Wait okay," Josh said in between chuckles. "'What gets better with age?'... drinking alone."

"Oh my fuck," Pete chuckled, taking a drink from his plastic cup. "I hate us."

"Te am-"

"Shut the fuck up, Josh! You got a 62 percent on your Spanish final!"

"Fuck you, Ashley! I still passed with a gorgeous ass C minus!"

"You make no sense, Josh," Jenna piped up with a soft giggle.

"That's the best part about me!" He replied with a wild grin.

"Joshua Dun, you are crazy," Dallon snickered.

Tyler laughed along with everyone else as he surveyed his surroundings. He sat next to Josh while Hayley sat to the left of his best friend followed by Ashley, Brendon, Sarah, Dallon, Pete, Meagan, and finally Jenna who was perched on Tyler's other side. They had their Bigger Blacker Cards Against Humanity box off to the side that had bits and pieces of cards from the original pack plus expansions. The fire pit sat in the middle of their circle, the flame crackling silently as it provided warmth for everyone. They all enjoyed it despite the temperature being in the high 70s. His friend group had decided to have a kickback at Pete's house to celebrate the end of the year which was refreshing since Pete threw wild parties all the time.

"I'm empty, I'm going to get another drink," Meagan began to stand up before Pete hopped up, grabbing her cup and hurrying inside instead. She chuckled as she sat back down.

"Holy shit, M," Sarah grinned. "You have him whipped."

"It's nice isn't it," she replied gratefully. "He's so good to me," she gushed.

"Yuck," Ashley tossed an empty cup at her. "Keep your straight germs away from me!"

Meagan just flipped her off as Pete came back, handing her her drink and resuming his spot in the folding chair next to her. He pressed a kiss to her cheek and everyone could see her blush despite the darkness around them.

Tyler let out a bittersweet sigh, resting his head on Josh's shoulder. "You okay, Ty?" the red haired boy asked.

"Yeah," he replied in a soft voice. Everyone went quiet and all that could be heard were everyone's breaths and the fire dancing. "I'm just gonna miss this. I'm gonna miss playing games together and everyone looking out for each other. I'm gonna miss Ashley making stupid jokes about all the couples here and Brendon bullying everyone. I'm gonna miss us. We graduate in two days. Most of us are leaving in a few months and we're all going somewhere different. I love you guys and I don't want to lose any of you."

"Aww, Tyler," Jenna leaned over and hugged him gently. "We love you too."

"Dude, we've been friends for forever," Josh chimed in. "We're all going to be a phone call away. Nothing has ever stopped us from talking. When Sarah moved away for two years we still sent her memes and kept her caught up with all of Pete's relationship drama. When Brendon got grounded for a month Jenna communicated with him using a flashlight and Morse Code since they're neighbors. When Hayley's mom tried sending her to a mental hospital for liking girls we all made a schedule for when she stayed with who. We'll stick together. I know we will."

Tyler looked up at him and was met with a reassuring smile. "Thanks, Josh. I love you. I'm glad you're my best friend."

"I love you too and I'm glad you're my best friend."

"Damn, when did you get so philosophical, Josh?" Dallon asked, breaking the seriousness.

"Yeah I thought you didn't even know how to spell 'definitely' let alone bust out a fucking Ted talk."

"Shut up Ashley, go jerk off to Ruby Rose."

"There's our Joshie!"