"Ew, it's you"

"Thanks," He said sarcastically and I knew he rolled his eyes even though I couldn't see shit at the moment.

"You're welcome," I said. "Wait. Why are you even in here?"

"What do you think"

"I'm here too," Luke's voice said and I slightly jumped, not expecting it but then realizes that it was he that talked before and that the beginning was probably Noah banging his head in the wall to try and keep him sane. "Welcome to the closet club"

"So while you keep talking I'm gonna go up. Have fun" Cole said. As soon as I realized what he was talking about my eyes went wide.

"What? Are you gonna leave us? Here? In the dark.." I asked, my voice becoming smaller and smaller.

"Someone's scared?" Cole taunted.

"No" I stubbornly said and crossed my arms even though he couldn't see me.

"Well, that's what happens if you decide to be asses and completely embarrass me. I gave all of you more than one clear warning as well so don't say I didn't warn you" Cole's voice faded away and I was left in this small room with Noah and Luke for god knows how long.

Great.

Just fucking great.

Plus, it's the weekend so really he doesn't have to come get us because technically we don't have school. I groaned out loud at the thought.

"Why did we do this again?"

"Because it's not only fun but it gave us a chance at embarrassing our older sibling. It's kind of our job" Luke said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But you do realize that we're stuck here"

"Yeah" He paused "We're screwed"

"Or at least our Friday is" He continued.

"Not helping," I said.

"Guys I got an idea," Noah said.

"That's a first"

"Just listen" His voice sounded annoyed but he tried not to show it even though his facade fas falling fast. "How about we call Mason"

"So he can come and poke fun at us? Yeah, not happening"

"True. How about dad?"

"Like he's any better" I snorted thinking back to him. If dad came he would only laugh for a couple of seconds and probably say a stupid dad joke about how we got in there and then when we ask for help he would say that it's our problem.

"Then I guess we're stuck in here"

° ° °

I was resting on the floor, letting my head slightly fall to the side and then jerk back up. It had probably been an hour and I was becoming more and more tired. I don't know for how long we've been in this freaking closet but it was for more than an hour, that's for sure.

"Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming of the things that we could be"
Luke started singing softly.

"But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars"
Noah continued singing in a tired voice as well.

"I see this life, like a swinging vine
Swing my heart across the line
And in my face is flashing signs

Seek it out and ye' shall find" I took over singing with closed eyes.

"Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
On just doing what we're told"
Noah sang.

"I-I-I-I feel something so right
Doing the wrong thing
I-I-I-I feel something so wrong
Doing the right thing
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars"
We sang together on the floor like a bunch of losers but stopped when a chuckle could be heard.

"Wow, you are pathetic" Cole's voice said and I felt kind of happy that he was here so he could let us out of this god damn room.

"Cole! Thank god! get me out of here!"

"Ah ah! Not so fast" Shit. "I want you all to say 'Cole is the best brother in the world and is so much cooler than me'"

"What are you? Five?" I asked and rolled my eyes.

"Just say it"

We went all quiet. So the option is to sit here for the rest of the night or bruise my pride. Now would be a great time for a third option.

I heard Noah sight in defeat "Cole is the best brother in the world and something. I can't remember-"

"and is so much cooler than me," Cole said.

He let out another sigh "And is so much cooler than me" He kind of mumbled out.

After he had done it Luke said it and then it was just me that was too stubborn to say it.

"Can you just say it!? My ass hurts" Noah whined and shuffled around on the floor.

"No. I don't want to"

"Just do it!"

"NO"

"Lara I swear to god. Say it now or I will make you regret it so bad because if you haven't noticed you can't go anywhere so just say it!" Noah snapped at me. Well dang.

With a few seconds of thinking, I let out a sigh in defeat "Cole is the best brother in the world and is so much cooler than me"

Ouch. I can just feel how that hit my pride right in the middle of the target.

That's when I heard Cole laugh. "You guys are the three most stupid people I know" He laughed.

"What are you talking about?" Noah asked, his voice filled with irritation. I could just imagine him clenching his fist right this moment, ready to get out of here.

"You three really didn't even try to open the door the entire time?"

what?

I don't think I heard that right or did he really just say that we could get out of here whenever we wanted and I just spent an hour sitting in this cramped, dark room on this hard ass floor while trying not to fall asleep or rip my brothers heads off.

"Are you serious?" Noah asked and stood up. He joked on the handle and to my surprise, it opened up as smooth as butter and light blinded me for almost half a minute.

Luke beside me started to hysterical laugh for some reason. He laughed so hard that he had to hold his stomach as he fell to the side to lay on the floor laughing.

"What so funny!?" I asked somewhat angry that he's laughing in an so not funny situation.

"The. The door. It. Was open!" He said in between laughs.

I decided that it was no hope arguing so I got up and while walking I bumped my shoulder into Cole's arm while he was laughing. I was meant to bump into his shoulder but I'm too short. That just made him laugh more and I started walking faster, up the stairs and into my room.

° ° °

Song: Counting stars - OneRepublic

Helloo! I hope you liked the chapter! I had fun writing this one

Vote

Comment

Share

Smile

-Rose🌹