Chapter 11: Scavenging And Death Upon Us

Start from the beginning

"Marshall, I hope you brought water along for me?" Everest said as she stared at Marshall. Marshall blushed and said "I think I forgot. But I brought towels!" He said as he showed Everest the towels. "Why do we need towels for scavenging... " Everest paw her own face as she reached her bag and threw a bottle of water for Marshall. "I brought along because I knew you will forget to bring. Tracker, Skye and Chase, want some water?" Everest said as we all said that we have our own water. "See Marshall? The rest brought water along." She stared at Marshall as he blushed more.

I passed my bottle of water for Skye to drink as she drank and passed it back to me. She passed magazines of 5.56mm rounds to me as I passed her 0.308 sniper rounds to her. "Wow, this is how you guys work together senior?" Tracker said to me as I nodded back to him. "Yea."
"Chasie dear suffered a lot during his first year in paw patrol with me that time, I know it wasn't easy for him." Skye said as Tracker nodded. "Its okay dear. Its never easy for everyone. Not just me." I said as Skye hugged me softly.
"I wonder how Scamp is doing at home now." Tracker said. "Maybe he's having fun with angel at home." I laughed as Skye hit me hard. "Yea right chase, yesterday you had LOTS of fun as well with me right." She gave me a stern look as I smiled at her showing my teeth. "Hehe, sorry dear."

"Hey, we reached guys." Everest pointed in front of us as it's like a ghost town. There's no one and its quiet around the premise. Too quiet. "Be on guard guys and watch out for any walkers or infected animals." I said as I cocked my rifle and started slow walk towards a shop. "Skye, join me. Tracker, the carpentry shop. Marshall and Everest, the medical store. Me and Skye will be entering the groceries store. After searching, meet us back here." Everyone nodded as they went off to search.

Skye barked softly as she released a huge sack of empty bag and a small flat cart to carry the empty bag. She started dragging while I take the front line and entered the store.

9th November 2038, 12.30pm, Akraibat countryside, Steward's mega grocery store.

I opened the door slowly, letting Skye entering first and closed the door behind me

I opened the door slowly, letting Skye entering first and closed the door behind me. I stepped forward and peeked, it's indeed a large grocery store. Most of the food and water were damaged and many dead bodies were lying around. "Not much left, but let's see what we can find." I whispered to Skye as I pointed my rifle in front. We arrived at the perishables column and found out that most of the fruits and vegetables were rotten. "Seems like it's been here for ages and no one came to replace them." I thought as a walker woke up in front of me. I placed my gun on Skye's back as I dashed to the front and pierced the walker with my jungle knife and it fell onto the ground, lifeless. Beside him, I noticed a box out of the dozen is in good condition. "Damn, our luck. Lets see what's inside." I said to myself as I opened the box to find ripe bananas laying nicely in the box. "Awesome." I picked the box up with my gadgets and placed them into skye's sack of bag. I took my rifle back and we both walked towards the drinks corner. "Go and see what's in there Chase." Skye whispered as I went to the drinks section. I noticed that most of the bottles are dropped to the floor, but most of it are in perfect condition. I picked some up and checked the expiry date. "Still drinkable. The expiry is quite long from now." I said as I started loading up soft drinks, bottles of water and can drinks into skye's bag. Suddenly, I heard a sound from the entrance.