Chapter 4: What's Leftover

The world outside was badly imaginable. The whole world outside was filled with smoke, fire and full of ashes. Most of the fire was put out, signalling the end of the catastrophe.

The lookout is not far away from the temporary medical centre or so called hospital. We just need to cross over the sea bridge and up the slope to our lookout tower. Although it was badly destroyed, but I believe our vehicles should be perfectly fine.

"We should hurry Chase...it isn't safe out here." Marshall said as he is watching the surroundings. " I know Marshall, keep your eyes open." I said.

We just left the temporary medical centre and now we are reaching the seas bridge soon. I increased the speed of my paws when suddenly we knocked onto something hard. "Ouch! Is that how you push a wheelchair Chase? I almost fell off!" Marshall said as he tries to seat back properly. "Wait...what's on the floor that we tripped onto?" I asked as I saw a person like figure on the floor. "Excuse me?... are you okay?" I felt a bit worried and started to use my paws to touch the body.

Out of a sudden, the person woke up with a decomposed face and splinters all over his body, acting like a dead man walker. "Chase! Help! He's gonna bite me he's climbing to the wheelchair!" Marshall screamed as the walker tried to bite onto him. I shove the walker away and pushed Marshall aside and took my rifle out and reloading the bullets in. "Careful Chase! There's more coming from behind us!" Out of nowhere, more walkers came out from obliterated stores and buildings and soon almost 50 walkers are chasing us.
"Oh holy of pups!" I said as I cocked my M4 carbine rifle and started to fire and spray at every single one of them. Marshall activated his flamethrower in his gadget and burnt down every single walkers coming our way as I pushed Marshall faster across the sea bridge, killing more than hundreds of walkers along the way.

Around 30minutes later, we successfully crossed over the bridge and killed more walkers with his gadgets and my rifle around the fallen buildings before reaching the lookout tower.

"That...was...a...wild chasing game..." I yelped for air as Marshall calmed me down. "It's hard on you Chase for pushing me all the way. We have to get inside the building now Chase." Marshall said as he starts to keep his gadgets away. "Ruff!" And the gadgets were kept into his back gear. I checked my rifle and cocked the weapon and unloaded the magazine. "Marshall, I left exactly one magazine of bullets left. I need to use wisely. My gears are back in the Ward, I didn't bring because it's too heavy for me as im injuired." Without further delaying, both of us were outside the lookout in no time after dashing towards it.

"The elevator is not working Marshall, let's go to our hut and collect our vehicles and stuffs first. You go back to your pup hut and get your stuffs now." "Yes Chase, on my way there." Marshall stand up and tried to walk but instead he fell to the ground. "OF COURSE! I'M INJUIRED. I FORGOTTEN!" Marshall tapped his paws on the ground. I carried him up and pushed him to my pup hut first.

"Woof!" I barked as my very own hut is opened. Inside my hut, all my items were safe and sound, all my photos of my paw patrol family, food and water, emergency packages were all there! Nothing was damaged except for the walls were burnt! "Marshall, wait for me on my bed." I hurried as I carried him onto my bed for him to rest. I folded his wheelchair and placed it behind my bed. I opened my cupboard and found 25 boxes of assorted bullets, sniper and rifle bullets. I dashed out of the hut and used my dog tag to signal my vehicle out of the garage. I synchronized all vehicles of the paw patrols to follow my cop vehicle behind. The vehicles were working as I dashed into the garage and started to pack all gasoline and fuel tanks into different vehicles with full access. "Cmon... cmon..." I rushed to add petrol into all vehicles as fast as possible that I accidentally hit the gasoline tank on the emergency alarm system right at the side of the garage. The whole lookout was filled with siren and it was very noisy. "Emergency evacuation activated. Emergency evacuation activated. Emergency evacuation activated." How careless of me! Stupid me! I better be hurry now! I took away 3 toolboxes, 5 tooltrays and 2 shotguns with 15 boxes of 12gauge ammo and place them into the trucks equally. I entered my own cop truck and activated my engines in conjunction with the rest of the vehicles. "Activating follow pattern and locking all vehicles." The sound transmittor announced as i pressed some buttons and drove off to my hut.