19.Dinner

Cole P.O.V

I sat on the bed as Daisy ran around getting dressed up for dinner with her parents, and honestly, I was already over this bullshit. She was dressed up so innocently, almost as if she had to impress her own mom. I watched as she put red lipstick on and painted her face and I huffed loud.

"Why is this your 7th huff in less than 30 minutes?" She asked turning to me looking beautiful.

"Because I'm ready to go?" I said standing and she looked me up and down.

"Are you sure you're going to wear that?" She asked placing her hand on her small hip.

I had to black jeans, nice shoes, a black button down shirt and I looked fine to me. I back up looking at myself in the mirror and blow her a small kiss making her blush.

"Do you like the way I'm dressed?" I asked her as she walked over to me wrapping her arms around my stomach.

"You look amazing." She replied making my cheeks flush red.

"Then let's go and eat then," I replied making her smile again.

I could see how unsure she was in her eyes, and how nervous she was. She was like Leon, always so confident in front of me, just so I don't see the bad parts of things. We both got into the car and she kept texting on her phone to Rose I'm sure and it bothered me. I wanted her to talk to me about things, or when she's feeling nervous about something.

"Daisy?" I asked her.

"You said my name as if you asked me a question?" She replied looking at my drive.

"I did, and I don't know why? Maybe its because I have a question." I said and she just looked at me.

"And your question is?"

"Why are you nervous?" I asked her.

"Because you're meeting my parents."

"Because I'm meeting your mom, that questions your happiness," I replied and she nodded.

"You don't get it, Cole, to feel like someone is waiting for you to fail is hard, and for so many people to expect you to be great. Then toss in an annoying ex, and then an amazing boyfriend and you get a pot of stress soup." She said making me smile.

Since I was driving I held back what I wanted to say to her, and as we made it to her parent's house I looked at the mostly dead grass. The news team really did a number on the front lawn, and something about that made me want to laugh. I stepped out when Daisy did and followed behind her, looking at the quite up class neighborhood. This place was my dream place to grow up in, Daisy was luck, I didn't have a two parent home. I didn't always have food, or heat or lights, but the one thing I have that she does was my mom loved me. 

"Daisy!" I loud deep happy voice said making me snap back and look at her dad.

"Dad this is Cole," She said with pride in her voice and I smiled at him.

He gave me a hesitant smile, but a bright one, and reached out his hand shaking mine. He put a little force into it, and I matched his making him smile at me.

"Nice handshake young man, that other boy had a limp hand." He said as Daisy walked into the house.

"That probably not all that was limp," I said making him laugh.

"Thomas!" A loud voice yelled making him back away and walk into the house. 

"I'm coming." He said locking the door behind me, and I walked behind him looking around at everything.

It was pictures of Daisy all over the house when she was maybe in high school and elementary school. The only thing I didn't see was pictures of her now, or maybe in college, I wasn't sure, but maybe that's when their relationship stopped.

"Hello," An annoyed voice said as I came upon the smell of food.

A woman, a very beautiful one at that came into view and she gave me the nastiest look ever but I smiled at her. I reached my hand out to shake her's but she turned her back on me and I smiled pushing my hair back. I watched as her father sat down and so did she so I did the same, and noticed my girlfriend wasn't here.

"Where did daisy go?" I asked.

"She found out that other loser she was dating sent her a gift and rushed upstairs to see what it was." She said and I hide how annoyed that made me.

"Shows her loyalty." She whispered under her breath just as Daisy walked into the room.

She sat down not talking till she felt me give her leg a soft squeeze and she looked at me. She looked at me with a big smile, that melted my heart in a way that no one could. 

"So Cole, tell me about yourself?" Her mother asked and she frowned at me turning to eat her rice.

"I'm a musician, trying to become world famous," I replied and Daisy smiled at what I said.

"He's already famous," Daisy followed up.

"Fame has a lot of physical and psychological aspects to it, who to say you won't turn out cracking under the pressure. I mean we see it all the times with young rich, caucasian is normally the first to break down in Hollywood." She said and I just held her cold stare.

"Normally I guess, but none of them have Daisy," I said making her giggle until she snored, and her mother gave her a nasty look.

"While that's cute to her, I wouldn't want my daughter to date someone who can mentally hold there ground. When do you think you'll turn to drugs when fame becomes too much? Or drinking?" She said almost triggering something in me.

"Never, because I saw what that does to people," I said angrier than I wanted it to be.

"Mom leaves him alone, you said this was about getting to know him not making him feel like he did something wrong," Daisy said turning to her mother.

"So one man cheats on you, and I'm going to guess you though white men are not going to. Daisy, you need a wake-up call, and we both know how weak you can be." She said.

"I'm not the weak on here mom, it's you because you can't control me so you turn mean to everyone I like." She said back.

"Please little lady, I told you about that boy Gavin, who you aren't over because I tell you about a gift he gave you and you go running after it. What's the point of dating this rock star loser, for money or fame?" She yelled at her and Daisy stood.

"I don't have to take this!" She said walking to the door and I followed her as her mother and father did too.

"You live under my roof still!" Her mother yelled.

"No, I don't, I live with my boyfriend now!" Daisy yelled back.

"Fine, then get out of my house, I'll see you in a month when he cheats on you and breaks your heart. You're young and stood daisy!" Her mother yelled as Daisy marched to the car and I was stuck in a daze at her words.

"Fuck you lady!" I yelled to her just as she slammed her front door in my face.

I could still hear her yelling at the I got into the car, and Daisy just sat there looking out the window.

"Want to go home?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah," She replied with an unhappy looking on her face.