Part 8

Yui pov: 

 I jumped up from the water out of breath but I wasn't in the town anymore. I looked at myself. I was still in my kimono but I was dry. Looking around, it looked like I was in space, except I wasn't.

 Looking around, it looked like I was in space, except I wasn't

I followed a pathway that was floating in the darkness. I was all alone, not another soul in sight. As I kept walking I saw a light ahead, entranced by it, I walked faster towards it. My body started to get lighter and lighter the closer I got it.

What's happening? I patted myself down. I had no logical explanation. Then I remembered. I was in a fountain, wasn't I? Is it possible that I never left? I started to cry. Could it be that I'm dead? I looked at the light and quickly turned on my heel, running away, back into the darkness.

"Yui!" "Yui please hear me!" Yukine cried. I stopped running and looked around trying to find him.

"Yukine! I'm right here! Can you hear me! Yukine!?"

"He's not gonna hear you," Yato appeared behind me. I shrieked.

"Who are you! Why do you keep following me!?" I yelled at him. "Yukine!" I continued to beckon him.

"I introduced myself today remember? Yato God delivery service, you were going to-"

"Right, Yato," I sighed, stopping him from mentioning the events from this morning. "Thank you for today but why are you here? Out of all the places."

"I'm here to take you back to the near shore, unless you wanna go to the far shore," "you'll have to pay me 5 yen though," he winked. I stood there confused.

"What's the nearshore and far shore?" "Which one is Yukine at?"

"The nearshore-"

"Then take me there," I interrupted. Yato held out his hand, I hesitantly took it.

"Hold on tight, and try not to freak out when we get back," Yato dragged me over the edge of the path, into the void. I clambered onto Yato and hugged him as we fell down. "Hey! Don't worry, open your eyes!" Yato laughed. I opened my eyes and saw that we were falling through what looked like stars.

"Woah," I stared in awe. "I didn't think dying would be this pretty."

"You're not dying, are you crazy?" Yato chuckled. "We're almost there," Yato commented looking down. I looked down as well in confusion.

"How do you know that-" I was interrupted by a loud thump. I dropped to the ground, "Huh?"