Part 6

Yui pov: 

Upon arriving I saw a cat hissing at the bushes. As any normal person would do, I walked over to him and investigated the plants. They were ordinary plants, except they weren't green, they were very dead. Odd considering it was spring. Then I noticed a pattern. There was a large area of the garden that was brown but everything else was green. The cat continued to hiss at the garden despite my attempts to show him that nothing was there.

 The cat continued to hiss at the garden despite my attempts to show him that nothing was there

The cat scratched me as I tried to pat him. I gasped as I fell back towards the garden, I held my wrist to my chest in pain. "What's gotten into you kitty? There's nothing here," I looked in confusion at the cat. Suddenly I felt a chill go down my spine and I knew what the cat was hissing at. I looked behind me at the garden yet there was nothing there, but there was. I just couldn't see it. In fear, I got up and ran away. I think I'll use a different bathroom from now on. I rushed back over to Yukine, my teeth were chattering from the cold.

"What happen Yui? Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," Yukine said concerned. I nodded my head and grabbed his hand, rushing out of the city centre. "Yui! What happened?" Ignoring Yukine I stopped by a teacher and said that Yukine and I were going home for the day.

"Okay you two, be careful and Yui, please get a Yukata next year." The teacher signed us off the role and we left in a hurry. After we were a few minutes away from the festival, I sat Yukine down on the fountain bench and sat down next to him.

"Okay Yui, you need to tell me what happened now," Yukine was annoyed.

"There was this cat beside the bathrooms and it was hissing at the bushes, so of course I checked it out-"

"You idiot, you got attacked by a stray didn't you?" Yukine slapped my arm.

"No! There was something in the bushes but I couldn't see it, you have to believe me, the place was so cold and everything was dead, there was something very evil there Yukine."

"You're going insane Yui, you must've had a massive hit to the head," he pulled up my wrist. "The cat must've scared you, you're 13, you need to stop believing in those stupid ghost stories," Yukine leaned into the fountain and pulled out a 500¥ coin. "You can let me steal for tonight, I'll go and get us dinner, you just stay here and get your breath back." Yukine stood up with his hands in his pockets. I reached into the fountain and pulled out another 500¥ coin.

"Hey, Yukine!" I yelled. He looked back and I flipped the coin over to him. "You can buy our favorite, Takoyaki," "and we didn't steal anything by the way," I winked at him, he chuckled and kept on walking. I sighed and relaxed by the fountain.

I wasn't crazy was I? There was definitely something there, I just couldn't see it.