11: Maybe Perfect

Start from the beginning

Jett nodded in response and visibly relaxed as he turned to his room. “Well, welcome to my paradise.” he said, as he opened the door to his room ad motioned me in.

I stepped into the room and laughed. It was so clean! There were no clothes on the floor and by the looks of the open closet on the right side of the room, his clothes were neatly organized. There was a bed in the middle of the room that was neatly made and a television set with his own personal Xbox hooked up. Off to the corner of the room was where all his music stuff was; there was his acoustic guitar as well as an electric guitar leaning against a desk. On top of the desk was a closed laptop, a bunch of cd racks and a couple of different pairs of headphones. The walls of the room were painted a darker blue color with a white ceiling and he had lyrics from songs painted onto his walls in gold and silver writing.

I turned back to look at Jett with a teasing smile. “Did your mom clean up the mess in here while we were at school?” I asked.

Jett smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck, which made me chuckle a bit. “Kind of, but in my defense it was a total mess in here so if you would rather she didn’t then next time we could work in a filth room.” he replied.

I shook my head in amusement but smiled. “Nah, it’s cool I was just teasing, but seriously I love your room. It’s so… well, you.” I said, running my hand over one of the painted lyrics on his wall.

Jet walked towards his bed, throwing his bag on the ground and collapsed backwards onto the bed. “Yea, when we moved my parents said I could do whatever I wanted with my room so this was the result. After I met Carter he helped me with getting the lyrics on the walls but I love it so it was worth all the work.”

I nodded and took the spinning chair from in front of his desk and sat on it, straddling it backwards. I leaned forwards on the chair to relax. “So, are we going to start working on this project or just sit and admire your room?” I asked.

Jett sighed and reached over to get a notebook and pen out of his backpack. “We can work, but remind me what the point of this project is again.” he answered, uncapping the pen and probably doodling on the paper.

“To get to know each other further than a first impression; I think we’re supposed to compare the person who we thought the other was to the person they really are in some way.” I explained, not really getting the point of the project either.

Jett nodded. “Okay, well since we have a month to work on the project, I guess we can just get the basic things out of the way today and then later we can focus on the more important things.” he suggested and I nodded in agreement.

“Okay, so how are we going to do this? Are you going to just ask your questions and then I’ll ask the same ones or…?” I asked, trailing off the question.