1.3

"jesus, ten! you scared me." kana hissed, ten managed to mumble an apology as he continued to tightly cling himself onto kana. "i'm sorry, i'm just—fucking scared." he managed to say. the two were at jungwoo's school, where they held a halloween party. usually it was all fun and games, but this year they made it scarier. like, twice as scarier than usual.

they had turned the whole school into a haunted place, and basically there were ghosts and ghouls scattered all over the place. "i'm actually so scared, kana, you know, i was in the toilet just now—and i was peeing, and then a freaking banshee walked out from one of the stalls like it's nothing! best believe i peed even more." upon hearing his short story, kana felt a gush of disgust crawling in her skin, but she chose to ignore it.

"oh god, while you were peeing i came across pennywise. his bigass forehead and creepy smile really scared me." she shared, the school really did a great job with their make ups and such, and it made both ten and her wonder, "when will our school ever?"

"i really hope i'll see jungwoo. i kinda miss him—i guess." she muttered as they walked around the hallway. ten suddenly had a wide smirk on his face as he looked at his friend, kana soon noticed the look she was receiving and raised an eyebrow, "what?" she asked, her voice cracked. the boy then chuckled, "nothing. it's just that, you've finally moved on from doyoung." he exclaimed.

flustered, kana pushed him a little, "i moved on a long time ago!" she hissed, and ten rolled his eyes. "whatever. i'm just glad you're over that psycho." he said, kana was about to protest, she wanted to tell ten that calling her ex boyfriend a 'psycho' was probably an exaggeration, but instead she got cut by ten's loud squeal—yes, squeal. "look! oh my god they're selling my favourite snack! but halloween version!" he said enthusiastically.

he immediately dragged kana to the said stall, where they sold different types of cakes decorated with a halloween-ish style. "you literally can find these anywhere, ten." kana deadpanned, and then earned a look from ten, "okay, but do the rest of those people sell these for $5 a slice? no. they sell it for $8 and that's just not worth buying." he said, matter of factly. "okay. cheap." kana joked, but when she saw ten's annoyed face, it made her even more amused.

━━━━🟄━━━━

"what time is it?" she asked, ten glanced at his watch before answering, "10:30 pm." kana gasped, "we've been here for three hours?" she asked, and ten nodded as a response, too lazy to talk. "don't you think we should go home?" she asked, and ten agreed, after all, the event was gonna end in 30 minutes.

"i'm sorry you didn't get to meet up your prince charming." the two were walking towards the exit as ten had his arm wrapped around kana's shoulder, "no worries, i'm sure he's working hard somewhere, anyway," kana smiled, and ten nodded, agreeing to her point. "maybe you guys aren't fated to see each other for today, you know?" he added and kana agreed.

just as the two were about to leave the school's compound, the realised jungwoo was sitting at the main entrance with his other friend. ten immediately nudged kana, "oh my god! look, it your sweetheart." he pointed, in which kana immediately grabbed his hand so that jungwoo wouldn't noticed that. "don't point at him like that, dumbass." she hissed, and ten gave her a look.

"anyway, go shoot your shot!" he whispered before he casually leaned against the school's gate not too far from them. kana's steps were heavy as she tried brainstorming a way to greet jungwoo, but before she could even do so, jungwoo noticed her first. his face immediately lights up as he flashed the girl a smile.

jungwoo waved at her, "hey," he said as he stand up. "hi," kana replied as she finally reached him, "what are you doing here?" she asked, and then the male immediately sighed, "i'm in charge of collection guests' their money as they buy their coupons or whatever." he sighed, "it's hella boring." kana laughed a bit as his reply, "i'm not even supposed to be here, but the real person in charge of this had to leave because he had food poisoning." jungwoo added as he let out a very heavy sigh.

kana nodded at his story, "at least you're gonna get an extra mark for volunteering, right?" she smiled, and jungwoo nodded, "yeah. so that sounds a little bit more pleasing and reassuring." he exclaimed.

it was an unplanned meeting between them, and therefore, awkward. at least that's what kana thought. jungwoo, on the other side, was happy that kana was even here. he had been complaining to himself about how he was forced to do this boring work, but all that just disappeared as soon as he spotted kana. though, he couldn't really say that out loud.

"are you leaving?" he asked, breaking the long pause between them, "yeah," she replied, and pointed to where ten was standing, "i came here with him and he wants to leave, so," she shrugged, and jungwoo nodded as a response.

"that's good. at least i'll know you don't have to take that late night bus again. it's kinda dangerous these days to be alone at night." he explained, "well, i don't wanna hold you back, you should get going." he added, which saddened kana a bit—she really wished she wasn't so awkward around him, because she really enjoys his company. "well, see you again sometimes," she said, smiling at him again.

just when she was about to leave, jungwoo grabbed her wrist, "wait," he paused and kana waited for him to continue, "i really was planning to spend this whole night here with you if you came. i'm sorry that did not worked out well." he said, and then felt embarrassed for telling her that. jungwoo immediately shifted his gaze to the ground.

kana shrugged, "don't feel bad. we didn't even planned anything and you weren't obliged to hang out with me." she said, her voice softer than usual to assure him. "i guess," it came out more like a question instead, "oh god, you really should go now. sorry. have a good night okay?" he grinned widely, kana flashed him a smile too, "you too!" she exclaimed, and then pulled him into a hug.

"see you!" she waved before walking back to ten who was obviously judging her for some reason. she rolled her eyes, knowing damn well that ten had something sarcastic to say.

"all that and for what? a hug?" he said, "what's wrong with that?" she frowned, and ten mocked her, "what's wrong with that? everything! you should've kissed him." he shrugged as he saw how shocked kana was when he said that, "why would i do that?" she asked as her eyebrows creased.

"slow down. i didn't mean kiss him on the lips. maybe kiss him on the cheek or something? ugh, fucking loser." ten scoffed, "you need some serious coaching from me, or you're gonna end up like yukhei—miserable." he joked, in which they both laughed.

"why would i need coaching from someone who haven't been in a serious relantionship for 2 years now?" she snickered, and ten scoffed again, "yeah, and that's gonna be you if you keep this cowardly act of yours." he deadpanned.

━━━━🟄━━━━

it's almost december but here i am,,,, smh
i'll promise to update more often from now on
MDNDJDJDJE