1.4

telling kana that she looks like shit these days isn't even an insult anymore—it's the truth. she had been going on an intense sessions of studying. but then again, it's her fault she had been slacking off right until the last two weeks before finals.

she even told yukhei that she was gonna take a break from him, which he said was bullshit, therefore he's still and will always bother kana whenever he wants.

knowing yukhei, she knew he was probably at school, studying with ten and jaera. it wasn't that she didn't want to join them, it's just that for some reason she didn't felt like it. and that is how she ended up in the library, see she first got out from school until now, which was 4 in the evening.

the library was quiet, and surprisingly empty. there were a few students studying like her, but that was it. not that she mind, though. earlier before, she had bumped into jaehyun who was apparently returning a book. he, also, had told kana that she looked like shit—just in a nicer way.

"you... your face... are you okay?" he asked as he awkwardly pointed at the area under his eyes—basically pointing out her dark eye circles. "i know. i look terrible." she sighed, but jaehyun shook his head instead, "no. not terrible. just—um, tired." he shrugged, "your dark circles makes you look like a panda." he added, and then laughed on his own.

"you... jae, you gotta respect ugly people like me, okay? not everyone's as pretty as you," she jokingly said, though the compliment made his ears red. "how's you and your girlfriend?" she asked, quickly changing the topic. jaehyun shrugged, "we've been on a break for quite a long time now," he looked down, and kana nodded. in her head, she was kinda regretting asking him that. bad move, kana.

"how's you and jungwoo?" jaehyun asked, which caught her off guard. "oh. uhh—i haven't seen him since october." she frowned, which shocked jaehyun, "october?" he almost yelled, even though he didn't, he still caught the librarian's attention. they both earned a dirty look from her.

"yeah. what about it?" she asked, trying to not ignore the obvious fact that she hadn't talked to jungwoo for a solid month now. "it's november now! talk to him!"

"kana?" a familiar voice whispered, which made her snap out from her daze. her eyes followed the voice, and her eyes laid on jungwoo's. she blinked, a bit shocked to see him here—especially when she was just thinking about him.

"jungwoo? hi." she almost stammered. he flash her a big smile, "can i sit here?" he asked as he pointed to the empty seat next to her. kana nodded and moved a little to her right to give jungwoo more space. "you're studying alone?" he asked again, and once again, she only nods. jungwoo took that as a sign that kana didn't want to be disturbed, therefore he also started to do his own work.

the two didn't really talk while they were together in the library—not that they could anyway.

━━━━🟄━━━━

it was getting late, and yet jungwoo still remained next to kana. she wondered why he wasn't leaving yet. "are you waiting for someone?" she asked, not bothering to look at him. jungwoo snapped his head towards kana, who was focused on whatever she was studying. "no. why?" he asked.

kana stopped writing, and turned to look at him, "aren't you gonna go home? it's almost 8." she exclaimed, jungwoo's eyes bore into her's, which was something he does a lot—and kana never really got used to it. "i wanna be with you." he smiled softly. kana remained silent, she was kinda confused as to what to say, though her heart did felt something.

"b–but what about your parents? they're gonna get worri—" her words were cut when jungwoo leaned in to give her a not–so–quick peck on her lips. "you know, all these time when i'm with you, i realised you're always talking way too much when you're nervous." he laughed as he back away.