Non-existant (13th)

For those who enjoy crossovers...

"Home!"

The Doctor threw her arms open and you stepped out of the TARDIS, right behind her. The streets were empty, shops deserted, and was that a tumbleweed that just rolled by?

"Not home," The Doctor's smile started to fade. She licked her finger and stuck it in the air, "Right time though."

"Where are we?" You asked as you took three steps beyond the TARDIS.

She whipped out her sonic screwdriver and scanned the area, not missing out on any lamppost, mailbox or zebra crossing.

"Milky Galaxy, solar system, Earth, USA, Indiana-"

"Hawkins."

The Doctor scrunched her face up, "Hawkins? That's not supposed to even exist!"

Pointing at the giant sign that spelled out 'HAWKINS', you said, "But we're standing in it. Wait a second, Hawkins is that place in the Stranger Things show."

She nodded, still scanning the area and now focusing on a small flower shop, "Yup, you're the one that introduced me to it."

"But that's not even supposed to exist!"

"That's what I said!" The Doctor exclaimed and jumped, running back to you. She read the scannings on her sonic, "Everything's normal. Man-made, Earth material, unless..."

She started to walk away, down the street towards somewhere even more deserted. You followed, tugging her coat once you caught up with her.

"Unless what?"

"Unless this place was deleted from Earth's records," the Doctor concluded, "Not the first time, but why delete? And who deleted it?"

Your eyes spotted something a little out of the ordinary. It was just a house, but the mailbox said so otherwise. You pulled the Doctor's sleeve and dragged her to the mailbox. She scanned it, but claimed it to be ordinary.

"No, Doctor," you rebutted, "Look at the names."

Both of you bent down to get a better look. She squinted, then withdrew back from it and shrugged.

"The Duffers," she said, "Ordinary family."

You smacked her lightly, "No, the Duffer brothers! They created Stranger Things!"

"They wrote the show?"

"Yeah, and maybe if you didn't skip the intro, you might actually know that."

She raised her hands in a surrender position, "Don't blame me! Netflix had the button to skip the intro! But ten points to you for that."

Suddenly, the Doctor tore off down the street, running much faster than before. You chased after her and shouted, "Where're you going?"

"This way!" She yelled back, and you had no choice but to follow.

At last you stumbled upon a building in the middle of nowhere. The Doctor used her sonic to break the lock and swung open the metal chain door. Still catching your breath, you just went with it.

It was the scientist building from the show, except way eerier, darker, quieter and hollower. No signs of life, and no signs of death. The lights down the hallway flickered sparsely.

"Stop it!" The Doctor pointed her sonic at the lights and made them stay on. Both of you entered a lift, which surprisingly was still working, and the Doctor pushed a button for the lowest floor. You shivered as a chill was sent down your spine, but then a sudden warmth spread from your hand. You looked down and saw your hand held tightly in the Doctor's.

"Scared?" She gave you a soft look, "Don't worry, me too. It'll be fun, yeah?"

You smiled back, putting on your 'brave' face.

The lift doors opened, revealing a stuffy corridor. The lights were completely off, and the ground was rich with dust. Carefully, the Doctor took one step forward, flashed you an encouraging smile, and led you through it. Your heart thumped louder than the fireworks on New Years Day and sweat was forming on your forehead. Sensing your fear, the Doctor gripped your hand tighter. You tried to relax.

"The season finale must have happened years, or even decades ago," she said, shattering the fragile silence. She pushed a heavy metal door and it creaked open.

The room ahead was much stuffier. The air seemed different, it was thick like...cream. (That's a weird description, you've been spending too much time with the Doctor.)

"Aha! The crack!" The Doctor looked through the red-stained glass window.

"It's been sealed," you commented.

She scanned it through the glass and nodded, "Yup."

There was a soft beep coming from your left. You let go of the Doctor's hand and reached for its source: sunglasses.

"This is recent," you examined the object, noting how it stood out from its surroundings.

The Doctor eyed it curiously, then taking it from you and putting it on. Her face suddenly brightened up, "Ah! It works!"

"Doctor," you asked, "All this is real? Stranger Things is real?"

"Should be," she replied, taking off the sunglasses. She pocketed it and exited the room.

"I don't understand."

"Well," she began to explain, "You saw the mailbox earlier. The Duffer brothers used to live here. They know what happened. They made it into a show, said Hawkins was made up, but lo and behold, it's real!"

You were back in the lift again, "Then why's Hawkins not recorded on any map?"

The sunlight hit your skin as you and the Doctor left the building, "Think about it. Look what happened during the first two seasons of Stranger Things."

Your thoughts wandered back to the destruction and horror.

"It's too dangerous. Aliens from another dimension, kids experimented on, it's not safe. And there's a sealed door down there to another dimension, if it opens again who knows what will happen?"

Back on the streets, you wondered, "Where's the people?"

"Moved out, I suppose. The Duffer brothers did, better safe than sorry. The government finally decided to do the right thing."

"What if the Duffer brothers were part of the gang that helped Eleven?"

"Could be!" The Doctor started to walk backwards.

"So you're saying," you said as the TARDIS came into view, "There's a girl out there with telekinesis, living her life with Mike, which could be one of the Duffers."

"That's exactly what I'm saying," the Doctor unlocked the TARDIS doors, "A fully grown woman with a family, married to the boy who awkwardly tried to kiss her while she was bald," she stuck out her tongue and made a sound of disgust.

"How's that possible?"

The Doctor stepped into the TARDIS, "You travel in a 'bigger on the inside' box through time and space with an alien. Anything's possible!"

You laughed, still outside the box, but something still didn't click.

"Doctor, where did that sunglasses come from?"

She popped her head out of the TARDIS, waving the sunglasses in her hand, "About to find out. Care to join me?"

You gladly hopped into the TARDIS with a grin.