Contemplating

I waited patiently by Mikes side through his long process of recovery. Doctors came in and out of the room, checking blood and stuff like that. I would sometimes ask them how he was, but most of the time I was silent and just let them do their thing. They would always say that he was fine and making a great recovery, but I saw no progress or healing going on.

I call Scott to take me to and from the hospital each day and he doesn't seem to mind that much. He and Fritz have been looking at apartments to rent out of town so once or twice I have to bus down. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Fritz since the accident. He hasn't called me or replied to my texts. Strange. I was kind of worried about him yet there was no way of communicating. Scott denied the conversation on Fritz and I just left it as that. I would talk to Mike when I was around. I told him about how work was closed, and how I had been talking to Scott and Jeremy (who also came to visit a few times a week)

Jeremy was back living with his dad now. I felt really bad for him. He told me that he had moved back when Mike was in hospital as he couldn't stand being alone in an empty house. Though he is thrilled to see me when he comes to the hospital, I can see through his mask of fake happiness right into the trauma that his poor mind has to handle every day. I don't know what's happening with Vincent and I really don't care to be honest.

Time Skip (imma lazy ass)

It's been a few weeks since Mikes been in the hospital and the nurse has just informed me that they're going to wake him up today. I was thrilled. Finally, I get to really see him again. The nurses lead me into the room and I sit far back from the bed as they stand beside him. They began talking doctor talk and I zone out about what they're talking about. They fidget around with the machines (or whatever) and I hear a familiar groaning. I stand up immediately and try to see over the nurses shoulders, but they blocked me. I speed around the other side of the bed and finally see him. His eyes were half closed and he didn't look to well.

"We're going to take out your breathing tube now ok?" One nurse said to Mike

Mike nodded slightly.

"When I say, just cough really hard" she explains

They both count down and Mike coughs loudly as they pull out a long tube from his mouth. I sigh with relief and the nurses begin to ask him questions.

"Do you know your name?"

"How old are you?"

"What happened?"

"How do you feel?"

"Do you remember everything?"

And many more.

I stand to the side and wait quietly. They finish the questions and signal over to me. I rush over and sit by Mike's side. I feel my eyes well up with tears.

"Mike" I whisper "it's me"

Mike turns his head and looks at me with a smile "I missed you" He squeaked as he reached his arms around me.

I hug him softly and cry quietly into his shoulder. "I missed you too"

—————

Sorry it's a short chapter, but this story will be finished in the next chapter or two so I needed to end BIG, ya know.