Chapter 10 - Wounded

Start from the beginning

During the entire procedure, Levi made barely a noise. Only hissing in pain when the bullet was taken out. Or what I assumed was the bullet being taken out.

"God dammit that fucking hurt," he growled. His arm being sewn shut since the hole was a bit big to just be wrapped up.

"Hey. It's for the best," I said with a smile. Placing a hand on his shoulder as he lie on the ground still. Flinching whenever the needle pricked his skin.

The house was quiet, and when Samantha finished the stitches, she began wrapping his slim arm in a white gauze.

"I'm still wondering how the two of you get along," Samantha hummed. Tying a small knot into the gauze so it held tight.

"We manage," Levi said. Voice a little weak from the recent blood loss.

Samantha gently patted her work. "Good. You boys can go now."

I helped Levi stand up, and let him lean against me. Arm around his shoulder, we walked out.

"Thanks Samantha! I promise I'll repay you somehow!"

Samantha blushed. "You don't have to do that, but thanks!"

She waved, and shut the door. Leaving us in silence as we left the kingdom.

"She didn't like me," Levi said quietly.

"She told me that you killed her husband."

"Oh."

He looked down as I led him towards his home. Still pressing him to my side.

"I'm tired," Levi complained.

"You can sleep when we get back. Now is not the time."

Levi's head lolled to the side, and he fell limp.

With a sigh, I stopped. Grabbing the man, and holding him bridal style the rest of the trip back.

~~~

"Get up you two," Someone said.

I blinked a few times. But was unable to wipe my face of sleep due to something holding my arms down.

With a sigh, I sat up. Noticing the thing that was in my arms was none other than Levi. Still in the same position we were in when I collapsed on my bed. Too lazy to find out where he slept.

I looked up, and saw Clara scanning the two of us with a confused expression.

"And you two are...bonding?" She asked. Hands on her hips.

Levi groaned. Flipping over to his side and burying his face in my shirt. Making me faintly blush.

"You could say," I answered with a shrug.

"Oh. Okay. You two want anything to eat?" She asked politely.

"Nothing in particular."

She nodded. "What about you?"

Levi remained silent.

"Wake up," I said quietly. Gently shaking him.

He looked a little bit confused...until he realized where he was. Where he jumped out of my arms. Landing on the floor in a heap.

"That isn't going to help your arm, you know," I said in a teasing voice.

"Shut. Up."

Clara's warm grin remained. And she shifted her weight slightly.

"So...I should just leave." She said with a smirk. Leaving with the same clack of heels.

"Why am I in here?" Levi asked. Stretching his good arm with a yawn.

"Because you fell asleep in my arms. So I had to carry you all the way here."

"Oh."

He seemed to recall what events had happened.

"Did you follow me last night?" Levi asked.

"No. I-uh...went through the window," I answered. Pointing to the still open window.

"Why did you leave?"

"Because I wanted to go back to my kingdom," I said. But when I saw Levi's expression I quickly corrected myself. "And then come back!"

"Yeah. Sure you would. You hate me, and this place," Levi said with a sigh.

"No!" I shouted. "I mean...no. If I hated you, I wouldn't have done all that for you. In fact. I wouldn't have saved you from my family, and shot my aunt,"

Levi pursed his lips together.

"Whatever you say."