Prologue

August 29, 2023

"Mommy where are you?" I ran around the pack house looking for my mommy.

"In the kitchen Jamie." I ran as fast as I could around the corner and jumped up hoping my mommy would pick me up. Her belly was getting bigger everyday so it was hard for her to hold me but she did anyways.

"I love you Mommy." My mommy kissed my cheek and since no one was around I didn't wipe it away.

"And I love you Jamie." I was sad my mommy put me down put me down but I heard the front door open and before I knew it my daddy was throwing me up in the air and kissing Mommy. I held onto my daddy's neck while he talked to my mom but I didn't listen much. I was just happy Daddy was home.

"Let's go eat James." Dad packed me to my chair and sat me in it. He was the only person that called me James so it was kind of our thing. While my mommy got all of the food on the table my dad made our plates.

"Mommy I made a new friend today."

"You did! That's great baby." I nodded my head quickly excited to tell her.

"His name is Hanson." I heard my dad choke on his food but didn't say anything. What if he tells me I can't keep my new friend. "He is a wolf like you and daddy. His hair is dark like yours Mommy. He said that he will protect me and I believe him. He is really nice and funny too. He's my new best friend."

What I didn't tell my mom and dad is that Hanson is in my head. Only I can see or hear him and I wasn't supposed to tell anybody about him but I don't like lying to my parents. I love them too much.

"Jamie, tell Hanson I said hi." I nodded because my mouth was full and Daddy started talking about something boring so I talked to Hanson in my head instead of listening.

9 years later (Jamie is 13)

May 15, 2032

"Why are you being all mopey today? What happened while I was gone." The good part about having Hanson in my head is that he has to leave to do his work with the moon goddess and if I ask him to leave me he will. The bad part is that I won't have a wolf. I will still be able to shift but it will be a lot harder to control my temper.

"My friend is moving away." I knew the look on my face matched the mood Hanson was feeling it I didn't care Dani was leaving.

"Which one?" Nosey much?

"Danielle. The pretty one."

"Jamie I'm going to tell you something but I'm not supposed to. You can't tell anyone." Hanson was freaking out which is never a good sign since he's usually pretty level headed.

"I won't say anything just tell me."

"Danielle is to be your mate when you turn 18. I've seen your future Jamie."  It took me a few seconds to register what Hanson was telling me and when it clicked I was up and running to her house. "Where are you going?"

" I know I can't tell her but I have to see her before she leaves. They're moving tonight and her parents are so strict I'll have no way to contact her." I ran the fastest I've ever ran until I got to her house. I could barely breath and my feet were numb but it was worth it because when I got there her parents were packing up their vehicle.

"Dani!" her face was covered in fresh tears but when she saw me she gave me a fake smile. I knew he real one and this wasn't it.

"What are you doing here?" Something about knowing she was supposed to be my mate made me want to scream and tell them they couldn't leave because she was meant to be mine, but, I knew I couldn't do that so I wiped the tears from her face.

"I had to tell you goodbye." Another tear fell but I hadn't moved my hand from her face.

"I'm going to miss you the most Jamie." I don't know what in me made me do it but I pulled her to me and kissed her. I kissed a girl for the first time.

"Don't forget me Dani." I pulled her to me and hugged her before her mom was calling her to leave.

"Bye Jamie."  Now I have to figure out how I was going to find her when it was he right time.

A/N

hey guys, long time no see. I know I haven't shared with you guys in a long tim but now we will be back to regular scheduled programming for at least a couple months. Inspiration has struck as I work on this story and another one!! Hopefully this sticks around.

This chapter is dedicated to @hashtagdopee who wrote Indomitable which is such a good supernatural story and I absolutely loved it so I highly recommend you check them out!! Plus, its a pretty long story at 63 parts so you'll have a long read!

Hope you enjoyed!! XOXO