Always There Part 6(Rey)

Sam hurried through the Finalizer, shooting stormtroopers as soon as they saw her, but overall just trying to remain unseen. I know you escaped. Sam rolled her eyes.

I know. She continued to walk. You don't know where I am, though. Sam began to walk faster. She was almost at the escape pods. Then she saw Han, Rey, Finn, and Chewbacca. She switched direction, and walked over to them.

"Sam," Rey gasped. "You're okay!" Sam snorted.

"Of course I am," she said. "I couldn't leave you alone, now could I?" Rey grinned. Sam smiled at her. "You guys really came after me?"

It was Rey's idea, Chewie said. Sam's eyes welled up with tears.

"Really?" Rey nodded, blushing. Sam took a step forward, and hugged Rey. "Thank you," she said. Rey hugged Sam back, leaning her face into the crook of Sam's neck.

"I want--" she started, but Han suddenly appeared by her side.

"Escape now, hug later," he said. Sam laughed, and let Rey go.

"Let's get out of here," she said.

*Time Skip*

Rey ran through the forest, hand in hand with Sam. Sam was carrying Finn over her shoulder. Rey wasn't sure, but she thought she could hear Sam crying and whispering, "I'm sorry," over and over again. Sam stopped suddenly, and looked up, waving frantically. The Falcon slowly landed on the ground. Chewie walked out, and took Finn from Sam. Rey took Sam's hand, and walked her onto the Falcon. Sam started to walk to the cockpit, but Rey lead her over to a seat. Sam didn't protest. She just sat in silence. Rey walked into the cockpit, and helped Chewie pilot them away from Starkiller Base.

When they landed, Rey walked back to Sam. She was sitting where Rey had left her, staring at the floor. Rey knelt down in front of Sam. Sam looked up at her. Her eyes were glazed over. Rey took Sam's hand, rubbing it gently. "Are you doing alright?" Rey asked quietly. Sam just shook her head. "It's...okay to cry," Rey said awkwardly. "We're not on Jakku anymore, and we're not going back, so...." Sam just stared at her blankly. Rey stood up. "I'm sorry. I just--" Sam suddenly hugged Rey around her waist, burying her face in Rey's stomach. Rey placed a hand on Sam's head. Sam began to tremble. Rey began to stroke her hair.

"Han," Sam whispered. "He--he was the only one in my family I could still contact after Mom died. And now he's gone." Rey sat down, and hugged Sam.

"I know, love." Sam leaned against Rey's chest.

"And I don't know if Kylo Ren is still alive. He's my cousin, you know."

"I do," Rey said softly. "Han told me everything. I'm sorry." Sam shook her head.

"I would have told you if I hadn't gotten captured." Sam took a deep, shaky breath. "Rey, I have something I need to tell you. We've been together for a long time, but I just--"

"I love you, too," Rey said. Sam looked at Rey, and smiled.

"Earlier, you were going to say something, but Han interrupted. What was it." Rey blushed.

"I was going to say I want to kiss you." Sam smiled, and kissed Rey lightly on the mouth. Rey kissed her back, gently. Sam smiled, and stood up.

"We should probably head out there. People will want to talk to us." Rey smiled, stood up, and took Sam's hand.

"Yeah," she said.

A few minutes later, Sam and Rey were sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon, preparing to go to Ahch-To. Rey smiled at Sam. "You ready," she asked. Sam took a deep breath.

"Yep," she said. "Totally." The girls pulled the levers forward, and jumped into hyperspace.

***

Sam and Rey climbed the stairs up the mountain. The island was cold. Rey and Sam both wore heavy cloaks. Both girls were shivering, unused to the cold. Sam held Rey's hand tightly.

When they reached the top of the mountain, they saw a man wearing a cloak. Sam took a deep breath. The man turned around, staring at the girls. Rey shrank slightly against Sam. Sam swallowed nervously, smiled, and waved.

"Hey, Dad," she said. "It's been a while."

Whoooo! Finally finished! *does a happy dance* Seriously, though, I am happy it's done. This is the longest imagine I've done, and it's probably the longest imagine ever. Six parts! Wow. Thanks to SammaJosee for requesting this imagine. It was fun to write. Love you! See you all in the next imagine!

--Tranquil Space Ninja