Congratulations Prequel(Kylo Ren)

"Please (Y/N)? As the general of the First Order, Supreme Leader Snoke is requiring me to attend, and I don't want to go alone!"

"Then get a date!"

"You know it's too late! The ball is tonight!" (Y/N) rolled her eyes at Armitage Hux, her half brother. There was a ball on one of the planets that supported the First Order. Snoke wanted Armitage to go as a representative. "Please (Y/N)," Armitage asked again. (Y/N) scowled at him.

"No. It's stupid."

"But there'll be tons of soldiers there! I bet they'll be tripping over themselves to win our praise! Just think, you could meet the love of your life at a ball like this!" (Y/N) sighed and rolled her eyes at Armitage again. He must be desperate, if he was buttering her up to get her to go to this ball.

"Fine," she agreed. "But you owe me." Armitage grinned and hugged his sister.

"Thanks (Y/N)!" She gave him a half smile.

"You're welcome."

***

"Did I really have to wear a dress to this thing," (Y/N) grumbled as she wove her way through the crowd with Armitage.

"Yes," he answered. "And you look fantastic." (Y/N) smiled. She was wearing a long, (F/C) dress. The loose, flowing sleeves went down to her wrists. Her hair was down in long, wavy curls. She wore a necklace, a simple wooden charm on a braided string. She wasn't wearing a touch of makeup.

"Thank you," (Y/N) murmured to Armitage. They entered the ballroom together. There were people milling about, laughing and talking with each other, drinking wine from long, delicate glasses. (Y/N) kept looking around, awed. She had never seen anything so grand in her entire life. Armitage grinned at her. "It's amazing, isn't it," he said softly. (Y/N) could only nod. "Just wait till the dancing starts," he said. (Y/N)'s eyes widened.

"There's going to be dancing," she asked, worried.

"You don't know how to dance?"

"No! Mother never taught me, and Father didn't even talk to me, much less teach me how to dance!" Armitage laughed. (Y/N) glared daggers at him.

"No worries Sis. Just take the first dance with me, and I'll teach you the basics." (Y/N) breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Armitage."

"No problem--" Then Armitage saw someone across the room. "Seriously," he muttered. "He's here?" (Y/N) frowned.

"Who's here," she asked, just as Armitage grabbed her arm and pulled her into the crowd. "Who's here," (Y/N) repeated.

"It's not important," Armitage said. Then he caught sight of the band and brightened up. "The dancing's about to start!" (Y/N) took a deep breath.

"How do I start," she asked.

"Put your hand on my shoulder like this," Armitage said. "Good. Now, take my hand." (Y/N) did her best to follow his instructions. When the music started, Armitage was right there, whispering the instructions in her ear. Soon, (Y/N) didn't even need Armitage's instructions to move flawlessly, not one foot out of place. After the first dance was over, Armitage saw someone, and his face grew slightly red. (Y/N) turned around, and her breath caught in her throat. The guy she saw looked amazing. Black suit, black tie. Black curls, warm, mysterious brown eyes. She felt Armitage's hand on her arm.

"(Y/N), we need to move. Find our partners for the next dance." (Y/N) wasn't really listening. She leaned toward Armitage.

"This one's mine," she murmured into his ear, and he sighed. Armitage didn't really want (Y/N) to get mixed up with Kylo Ren, but she said 'this one's mine'. She was attracted to him, no doubt. Armitage wanted (Y/N) to be happy more than anything else. If at least talking to Kylo Ren would make her happy, then so be it.

"Wait here," Armitage said, then he started to walk toward Kylo Ren. (Y/N)'s eyes widened.

"Armitage, what are you doing? Armitage?" (Y/N) watched Armitage walk up to the man and begin talking. She began to grow nervous. What was Armitage telling him? Oh, they were walking back to her. The man looked confused. They stopped in front of her. Armitage gave (Y/N) an evil grin. (Y/N) took a deep breath and stuck her hand out.

"Hello," she said. "I'm (Y/N) Hux." The man looked at Armitage, raising an eyebrow.

"Hux," he asked.

"She's my little sister," Armitage said.

"Half sister," (Y/N) corrected. "And I'm only two months younger than you." The man gave her a half smile, and Armitage rolled his eyes.

"(Y/N), this is Kylo Ren." (Y/N)'s eyes widened, and she gave a little bow.

"My apologies sir. I didn't know it was you. We've never met."

"Please, don't be so formal," Kylo Ren said. "This is a party. It's supposed to be fun."

"(Y/N) thought it would be stupid," Armitage chirped.

"Armitage," (Y/N) yelled, blushing furiously. She punched him in the shoulder, and he laughed, lifting up his hands in mock surrender. Kylo Ren laughed a little.

"Would you like to dance with me, (Y/N)," Kylo Ren asked.

"I would love to," (Y/N) answered. "Thank you for the offer." Armitage grinned.

"I'll leave you to it," he said cheerfully.

***

"Thank you for walking me to my room."

"It was no trouble." Kylo Ren and (Y/N) stood at the door together, staring into each other's eyes. Kylo Ren blushed a little. "Are you free next Thursday at six o'clock," he asked.

"No," (Y/N) said. Kylo Ren nodded, disappointed. "But I'm free Saturday at the same time," (Y/N) added quickly. "Why?"

"Would you, I don't know, maybe like to eat dinner together at that time?" (Y/N) nodded.

"Sure."

"My room?"

"Why not?" Kylo Ren grinned.

"Great! See you then!" (Y/N) smiled.

"See you then." (Y/N) walked into her room and shut the door. Then she let out a squeal of excitement and jumped into the air, pumping her fists. She couldn't wait to tell Armitage.