Daddy Issues(General Hux)

When he first saw her, he was shocked. She was absolutely stunning, long (H/C) curls, sparkling (E/C) orbs filled with spirit, (S/C) skin glowing in the light. Her lips.... He couldn't help staring at them. The girl smiled at him. "Hello," she said, holding out her hand for him to shake. "I am Captain (L/N)." He took her hand, shaking it absentmindedly. He couldn't stop staring at her. She wasn't beautiful. She was gorgeous(if anyone gets that reference, I will be so happy). What's my name, he thought. What's my dang name? Captain (L/N) smiled at him. "Sir, would it be alright if we stopped shaking hands now," she asked.

"Yes, of course, my apologies Captain."

"It's quite alright. I assume you are General Hux?"

"Yes. Welcome aboard the Supremacy. I assume you are here as Phasma's replacement?"

"Yes General. I hope I can be as good a captain as she was."

"I have no doubt you will exceed our expectations."

"Thank you General." General Hux smiled at Captain (L/N).

"You must be tired after such a long trip. I'll show you to your quarters."

"Thank you General. Lead the way."

***

Two weeks later, Captain (L/N) was settled in. Everything was running smoothly, and she was the force behind it all. She kept Kylo Ren from destroying important equipment, trained the stormtroopers so they were their very best, and made sure the First Order had enough munitions and field rations for missions. The First Order would fall apart without her.

Then a message came for her. Captain (L/N) read it silently, face falling with every word. When she had finished, she folded the paper neatly and tucked it into her pocket. "Are you alright Captain," Hux asked, worried.

"I'm fine General," she answered. "Let's train the troops."

"They just finished today's training session."

"Oh. Right."

"Are you sure you're alright Captain? You seem off."

"I'm fine General. Do we need to do an inventory check?"

"We did yesterday."

"Right, right. Um.... What do we do then?"

"I continue work. You go back to your quarters and rest."

"But--"

"That's an order Captain."

"Yes General." General Hux sighed as he watched the captain go. Hopefully, she would be able to return to her duties the next day.

***

Later that night, Hux heard a knock at his door. He opened it, and Captain (L/N) was there. She fell against him, and he wrapped his arms around her as she started sobbing. "Where did my daddy go," she asked.

"Excuse me?" Hux frowned at the girl.

"Where did my daddy go?"

"Have you been drinking Captain?"

"Have I?"

"I think you have." He could smell the alcohol on her breath.

"Where did my daddy go," Captain (L/N) asked again. Hux didn't answer. His mind was far away, in another place, at another time.

***

"You are thin as a slip of paper, with the will of one. I thought you'd be stronger, Armitage. I was wrong." Armitage stared at the ground, fists clenched as his father berated him. "I'm going to make sure you are stronger. You won't be a weak willed child. You'll be a son I can be proud of, not just a mistake." Armitage felt tears slide down his cheeks, and his father scowled at him. "Stop crying boy," he ordered. "It won't get you anywhere." Armitage scowled. He wasn't weak. He was strong, stronger than his father knew. He would show him. He would show them all, one day.

***

"Where did my daddy go," Captain (L/N) asked again. General Hux was shocked from his reverie.

"I don't know," he told her.

"He was never there. When I was little, he was never there. My mother was alone, and now she's gone. Where did my daddy go?"

"I don't know Captain. I never knew my mother, and my father.... He wasn't kind. He's gone now though. Forever."

"I guess we both have daddy issues."

"Yeah, yeah we do Captain."

"(Y/N)."

"What?"

"(Y/N). That's my name."

"My name is Armitage. And don't worry. I won't be like your father. I'll always be here for you."

"I'll be here for you too Armitage." General Hux smiled as he hugged (Y/N) tighter. He would keep his word. He would make sure she never felt alone, or helpless. "Would you maybe like to go out for coffee sometime," (Y/N) asked.

"I would love to," General Hux answered, though he was really more of a tea person. "For now though, you need to get some rest. I'll walk you to your room."

"Thank you General Armitage Hux."

"You're welcome, Captain (Y/N) (L/N)."