Chapter 3

THACE

After being debriefed, scolded for not doing so as soon as I returned, and being welcomed back by Kolivan I left them to return to my pod.

It needed some adjusting and I had yet to unload the cargo.

While I was buried in my work Keith approached.

I could smell him.

I missed his smell. He reminds me of home.

I rose wiping my face with my shirt to greet him.

My greeting fell from my lips when I took in his face.

"What is it?" I asked worried.

"I-" Keith sunk his teeth into his lower lip and cast a worried gaze to the side.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and drew him into my arms.

"Keith you can ask me anything." I assured him.

"Where did I come from?" He gushed in a single breath. My ears twitched as my heart dropped inside of my chest.

He is old enough to know the truth. I can't hide it anymore.

"Let's talk inside." I gestured for him to join me in the pod.

I swiveled in my chair to face him. He waited patiently though his foot tapped uncontrollably.

"The truth is I am not just your father. I'm the one who gave birth to you." Keith's face contorted in confusion. I pressed on to explain.

"I was sent on a mission to find a lion. It would have meant domination if Zarkon had gotten his hands on it.

I never did find it- I was ambushed by Zarkon's fighters and had to escape. I crashed my pod on this planet called Earth." Keith's ears perked up at the memory of when I showed him the beautiful planet.

"There I met this human. He went by the name Kogane." I paused as Keith's lips parted in a gasp. He put two and two together.

"Yes, you are half human and half Galra. I don't need to explain Galra anatomy do I? You know for survival Male Galra can-"

"Yes! I know please don't finish that sentence!" Keith interrupted waving his hands. His face bright scarlet.

I chuckled and continued.

"He died protecting us from Zarkon's troops that had found us. I returned with you to the blade to keep you safe." I paused to scratch my ear allowing that to sink in.

"Is this why I look so different? Why the other kit's have gone through their first heat and why they are already grown, and I'm still this small pathetic weakling?" Keith clenched his hands gripping the fabric above his knees.

"Yes." I frowned. Keith's eyes so much like his father's stared back at me with confusion, anger and a hint of betrayal.

 Keith's eyes so much like his father's stared back at me with confusion, anger and a hint of betrayal