The End of the Second Exam

Start from the beginning

“Put on clothes dude,” Dawn grumbled.

“Are you serious?” what was his name asked.

“Perfectly, sorry but I don’t have time to play nice,” Sasuke replied.

“Tough guy act doesn’t suit you,” Shadow noted.

“Sadly it’s not an act,” I muttered back folding my arms and tuning them out.

Absentmindedly I rubbed my stomach as I gazed about. My body was still healing slowly and the sand was still press tightly there. I wondered was it going to vanish into my body or fall free when I was fully healed.

“You’re lying, come on admit it. For all your tough talk, your heart really isn’t in it,” four eyes was annoying me or maybe I was just on edge I dunno, but I do know that I blurred and appeared behind him with a kunai at his throat.

“He may not be in it but I am,” I purred as he stiffened. “Tell me why I shouldn’t kill you now and take it?”

“Rima!” Sakura gasped.

“Stop it! Let Kabuto go!” Naruto shout and I growled at him.

“I’ve been on countless missions Naruto, you can’t trust anyone. Those who help you are more than likely the ones who are behind the crime, they play nice and innocent in order to throw you off track.  You are so gullible that you believe them and that will get you killed one day,” I spat. “I’ve learned the hard way never to trust a kind face.”

“I’ve done research on you Rima,” Kabuto said. I felt the kunai move as he swallowed. “One mission went wrong and you lost a friend.”

“Because we were to stupid and naive, we trusted someone we shouldn’t have and it got her killed,” I snarled. “I’ll never make that mistake again. I don’t trust you, you could be the soundest guy on earth with no ulterior motive but until this is over I don’t care.”

“You’re cautious, I admire that,” he replied completely stunning me. Who the hell compliments his attacker when they have a kunai at their throat?  “Because of that I’ll show you the path you need to follow, if you’ll let me.”

“I vote for killing him,” Dawn chirped.

“Hush!” Sakura snapped.

“Let him go, Rima,” Uchiha said and I waited for a prolonged moment, letting them know I didn’t like this before easing back away from Kabuto.

“But let’s go, it’s best we get out of here the smell of the cooking fire is going to draw every wild beast in the forest and not only animals but the competition too,” Kabuto said turning his back to me.

I was tempted to just stab him there and then just to prove that it was dangerous to turn you back on people you didn’t know. Especially those who didn’t trust you.