Meanwhile, Doris had stuffed her heavy, ever-increasing long-hair into Adam's backpack which now contained a hurriedly dumped I Love Paris bag too. She began to push away the mats that had fallen on Gemima. The mats weighed a tonne and Gemima began to groan in pain as she felt the weight move.

"I think some of my ribs are broken," Gemima muttered, eyes till closed.

"It's okay. It's okay," Doris gulped. "Just a second and I'll have removed all of mats."

It was back-breaking work but Doris managed to haul away most of the mats.

"I'm going to pull you," Doris said to her aunt. She tried pulling out Gemima as gingerly as possible but Gemima's eyes fluttered open at the slightest movement.

"Why can't you heal?" Doris asked, worriedly.

"My powers are already very low," Gemima said. "But I will heal. I have to." Her face was grey as she commanded, "Pull me out."

Doris put all her strength in getting Gemima out and finally Gemima was free. Doris could see that Gemima was in a lot of pain from the way Gemima's teeth were clenched.

Gemima pushed away Doris, "I'm fine now." She sat up and leaned against the wall.

"You sure?" Doris asked in a concerned while.

"Yes," Gemima breathed deeply, her healing well into progress. "Let's get out while Adam is holding off Wahl."

Doris drew back, "You can't be suggesting that we leave Adam behind."

"I'm just suggesting that it is better to sacrifice one than die all," Gemima said.

Doris made a disgusted face, "You run away like a coward if you want. I'm not leaving behind anyone."

Gemima caught hold of Doris' gown, "You're forgetting what all is at stake."

Doris pulled away her gown from Gemima's grasp. She jumped behind the mats, looking for Uncle Pierre and Madeleine.

"Uncle Pierre?" Doris called out.

"Finally," came an irritated voice. Doris looked in the direction of the voice to see Madeleine stuck inside a huge fishing net, holding up a huge vase with one hand.

"Madeleine."

"Yeah, that's my name. Now help this poor thing, would you?"

Doris started looking for the net's end so that she could find a way to get Madeleine out.

"Not me, you stupid girl! Help this vase that I've holding with three fingers. If it falls and breaks, I'll do something that might be regrettable. It's from an old Japapnese friend. Worth millions. Take it!"

Doris gingerly took the vase from Madeleine's hands and was about to about it on a safe place when a huge ball of fire hit the vase out of nowhere. Stunned, she let go of the vase and in perfect simulation to Madeleine's scream the vase broke into several pieces.

"You scoundrel!" Madeleine shouted through the net and waved her fist at Jasper who had been the faerie behind the fireball.

"Will you stop shouting?" Doris shouted. She was tired of old women (Gemima and Madeleine) and their weird behaviour. They were so selfish and didn't listen to anyone except themselves. It was time they listened to reason. "You stay still and let me get you out. If you scream or shout, I will leave you here."

Madeleine glared at Doris' impertinence but stayed quiet. Angry Doris was someone nobody liked to argue with.

Doris set to work and with a sharp ice shard she cut through the net. Madeleine stretched out and said, "Where's Pierre?"