Forty Four

'Hi babies,' Normani spoke softly, 'I still can't believe there's two of you in there. You should have seen how confused I was when Aunt Tori told me. Anyway Mommy's asleep so we have to keep it down because she doesn't get much sleep these days.'

She had been planning to read a story initially since it was the only way she could talk for that long when Dinah wasn't awake. Instead, Normani heard the words spilling from her mouth before she could even think about what she was saying.

'Your mommy and I already told you what's going to happen to me and why you won't have any memories of me when you grow up. I want you both to know how much I love you, and how glad I am that the three of you will have each other. I wish that I could be with you guys and watch you grow but I can't do that and help them end this curse. Do me a favor and make your mom smile all the time. I wish that it didn't have to be me, but it's a responsibility that I can't pass on. And doing this will help you guys. And whatever happens to me, know that I'll be think of you wherever I end up with your cute little hands and feet.'

'I'm glad they'll at least get to meet you before...'

Normani sat up, 'shit did I wake you up?'

'No you didn't, you had me straining to hear what you were saying. Cute speech mom.'

'I just started talking, I don't really know why. Is it weird how we're being all normal and okay like I'm not going to die in a few months?'

Dinah sighed. 'Are we okay? Because I have to kill you, and I have to kill you and live with the knowledge that I did that. Someday the babies will know and who knows how they'll see me.'

'I have made peace with it.'

'Are you scared?'

Normani nodded, 'yes and no. Do you ever wish that you stayed away from me? Would it make this easier?'

'If we never met, I would be married to an athlete right now on earth and I'd probably be a singer. I wouldn't be able to explain why my music was suddenly so sad because I wouldn't know that I lost you.'

'An athlete huh?'

Dinah rolled her eyes. 'Shut up.'

'I can be athletic, I dance and I run when Lani wants to beat me up.'

'You should talk to them, this isn't just hard on me. It's hard on your family, your friends, everyone in this palace and the realm. You're an amazing ruler.'

'I should, I will.'

Dinah shook her head, a look of disapproval on her face. 'Go and do it now. I'll go out to our favorite place with Victoria.'

'You mean your favorite place that you just decided was also my favorite?' Normani asked before kissing her wife. 'See you later. Bye babies, be good for mommy.'

Normani decided to use the tunnels to go over to Choie's house. Aiden opened the door. 'Hey, she's out back with Khalid, Kehlani and Zendaya plotting how to cheat death and keep you alive.'

'Is this one of your ill timed jokes?'

'I know you've never really liked me but I know you love her. So just go along with it, she needs to hold onto something.'