"That bracelet." He was looking at the one I got for Christmas. "Who gave it to you?"

"My mom and step dad. Why?" I was confused.

"Do they know about werewolves. About me?" His eyes narrowed with thought.

"No. I never told them anything." What was he getting at.

"It contains wolfsbane. It means a werewolf can't touch you and you're protected from them."

"But.." I thought about how he had held my hand earlier and realized I wasn't wearing the bracelet then.

"That doesn't make sense. Why did your mom get you a bracelet to protect you from werewolves?"

"I don't know.. Now that I think about it. She had been very skeptical and asked me a lot of questions about where I was the past couple of weeks. But she didn't know about you." I looked at him.

"I don't know. We should go and eat but I feel like your mother isn't telling you everything." He put on the hoodie, as a small feeling of disappointment came over me. But I brushed it off.

We joined everyone downstairs, Ellie and Shae ran up to Max, giving me a dirty look.

"What?" I moved past them and sat down at the huge table.

Isaac came in carrying a huge tray of food. "Okay so, bacon, pasta and cheese it is." He had also cooked a lot more food, like small salads and vegetables for everyone.

"Holy- when did you have time?" Will looked at Isaac, his mouth watering.

The food looked delicious, and was, as Isaac even prepared a huge cake for everyone.

"Are you kidding? It's not even New Year's Eve yet." Ace stared at the huge pile of icing and strawberries.

"I thought I'd be tired tommorrow so leave some for then okay!" Isaac chuckled staring at his friends that were visibly impressed.

At the end of the meal, when everyone was stuffed with food, Shae decided to make another advance.

"Hey, are you going to come ski with us?" She wasn't even looking at anyone apart from Max.

"I'll see. I might just go on my own." His eyes flickered to mine.

"Oh, okay. Well you should join us so you can help me!" She smiled in her own way.

"Yeah." He kind of nodded, to my disappointment.

~~~~~

I was standing at the top of one of the slopes, ready to tackle the snow. Unfortunately, everyone else was here and had decided to follow. Shae was still by Max's side and from the look of it, he was kind of getting sick of her.

Will came over to me as Cathy had already gone down with Ace and Isaac, screaming "come at me mountain!" with her hands in the air as she pushed off into the snow.

"I didn't know you could ski." He said, following me down the little trajectory I had planned out in my head.

"Yeah, my dad taught me. But I didn't know you did either?" I spoke behind me as I approached a ramp.

"I guess we're both full of surprises." He said just as I flew off the ramp into the air, not doing anything fancy as I was still a little rusty, but enjoying the feeling of being in control.

Will was skiing by my side, having avoided the ramp.

"Damn, you're good." He said in approval.

"You haven't seen anything yet." I smirked as I picked up speed down the mountain.

I didn't know whether he was following anymore, I was just enjoying the feeling of flying down with speed. The familiar feeling of adrenaline was pumping through my blood and I felt like I was finally enjoying the feeling of being free.