Chapter 16- Goodbye forever?

Kenzie's POV

After everyone left for food Zach sat by my side bawling his eyes out for like 2 hours before the guy's came back. They got him some *your favorite fast food* in case he wanted. I tried moving again but failed once again.

I got tired and fell asleep........

«3 months later»

Jack's POV

It's been about 3 or 4 months since the car accident. Sadly, Mackenzie hasn't woken up yet. Zach hasn't been the same since. He blames himself. The drunk driver was arrested immediately. (don't ask me how the driver was drunk at like 9am cos I don't know myself😂😂)

Zach rarely showers, disgusting but true, he lost a lot of weight too. We've taken him to the doctor before, the doctor says he's under weight. He has fainted before -twice- and isn't getting enough sleep. His eyes are red almost 24/7 from crying so much.

His parents even had to fly out because he wouldn't go home. They stayed for about a week but Mr. Herron had to go back for work. To be honest, when everyone's gone and I'm alone, I cry too. I miss her. I miss my baby sister, my best friend, my pain in the butt.

Saddest part is, today is the last day we're gonna see her. Yep, that's right, the doctors have no choice but to switch off the machines. None of us have been the same, we never will. We have tried producing more music but Zach is always in the hospital -i don't blame- and we all lost our passion and creativity. We have no inspiration. I-if Kenzie doesn't make it we've decided to.......end the band.

Nothing will be the same. No one will be the same. (why have I just noticed that the last few chapters are depressing?¿?)

We were all in the new Why Don't We van on our way to the hospital. Zach sat right at the back silently crying while looking out the window but looking at nothing at the same time. We arrived at the hospital and Zach quickly cleaned his face with his sleeves, hoping nobody saw him cry.

Zach's POV

We were right outside Kenzie's hospital room -4th floor room 304-. I reached out for the handle but couldn't do it. I broke down and started running. I didn't realize where I was until I saw the desk lady. I ran into the waiting room and sat down and pulled my knees up to my chest, putting my head inbetween.

Nobody was in the waiting room except for the desk lady. Her name was Ms. Lovegood. (any Potter heads? Get it Luna Lovegood? Ravenclaw? No? M'kay) She was like in her 60's but she was really nice.

Third person

Ms. Lovegood was about to get up and comfort Zach and try to make him feel better but just as she walked half way, the boys showed up. She smiled lightly as she watched all the boys comfort Zach. It warmed her heart to see how much these boys cared for each other.

"come on Zach. Everything will be okay. She'll be watching down on you." said Jonah. Deep down inside he knew everything won't be okay for a while. They comforted Zach and he stopped crying. "alright let's go, the doctor said we only have 20 minutes to say goodbye" Daniel said with a sad sigh.

They walked all the way back to Kenzie's room and took turns saying a final goodbye. Everyone sat outside while Jack went inside. He sat at her bedside and began...

"I'm so sorry. I should have been in the front seat, not you. We all love you so much. We haven't known each other for years or decades but you were like a sister to me. You and Ava would have been best friends too. I know that if-if you don't wake up in the next ten minutes you'll be watching down on us. We've decided that if you do end up going we're going to end the band. You're a part of us alll and nothing would be the same. So I guess this is-" Jack said but didn't finnish and started crying.

"Goodbye. I hope to see you soon." Jack said through tears. He was heart broken. He wiped his face with his sleeve and kissed Kenzie's forehead. He got up and approached the door. He reached out for the door handle. He stopped immediately and looked over his shoulder at Mackenzie for the last time...

Hey bish. Ima post soon...I don't know when but soon. Honestly she might die idk yet. Also I've been thinking of the giant plot twist but I'm not sure if I should do it.
Peace Limelight's
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥