Chapter 18

*Warning: alcohol use (not wrongly used) and theyre of age in this since they have concent to drink it, also abuse later on in the chaper. I will mark when that starts and ends so you can skip past if you would like*

Joes POV

The boys were now sat in my room, Josh bringing up some different bottles of alcohol. My parents were out with Zoe and Alfie and they always told me to help myself to the drinka as long as I didnt drink too much and abuse the privilege. We all at down on the floor except Dianne, who was downstairs sorting out the food. Mikey, Conor and Jack were already tipsy since they had already been drinking quite a bit since they got here. Dianne soon walked in holding some bowls with different foods in each one. One had melted chocolate and she still had to go back down to get the strawberries and whipped cream. She kissed my forehead before walking downstairs, and returning with the last of the food and a couple bottles of water. She put the stuff down before sitting next to me, resting her head on my shoulder. She smiled, taking a strawberry and dipping it in the chocolate before eating it. I chuckled, watching at Caspar poured shots for us all.
"What we drinking to?" I asked, picking up my shot glass.
"To me." Dianne laughed.
"Alright Shelia." I joked, causing all them tk laugh.
"Lets drink to Melony finally leaving."
"Good idea." Byron said, all of us taking the shot at the same time. Dianne screwed her face up a little and we laughed, the female hiding her face in my chest. I laughed, rubbing her back.
"Its alright babe." I kissed her forehead. Shw nodded, moving to sit on my lap.
"Keep it PG guys. Mikeys here." Jack laughed, taking a sip from him beer he opened. I heard Dianne laugh a little, looking up at me and kissing me deeply before pulling away. I could taste the alcohol that was left on her lips from the shot. I smirked, Dianne getting up and taking the bottle of vodka from Byron and sittinf back down, pouring herself a shot and drinking it. I laughed, playing with the ends of her hair.
"Babe dont drink too much."
"I wont." She giggled, looking up to see Conor connecting his phone to my speaker, playing music from it. It wasnt too loud, more like background music. 

We continued to mess around before going on to playing truth or dare. By that time, Dianne, Mikey, Jack, Conor, Oli and Byron were really drunk. Dianne was sat on my lap, laughing at pretty much anything anyone said.
"Dianne, truth or dare?" Josh asked, laughing at her bounciness.
"Dareeeeeeeeeee." She slurred, laughing at the end. Josh proceeded to pour vodka, beer, wine and gin into one glass.
"Chug." He said. I didnt want her to, however she did before I could stop her. She chugged the whole thing, putting the glass down.
"What time is it?" Caspar asked.
"10." I said.
"I recon we should get them home. Dianne looks like shes gonna be sick." He said, the others getting their stuff together. I picked Dianne up and laid her down, walking the boys out of my house. When I closed the door, I heard footsteps running down the hall before the sound of vomiting. I ran upstairs and into the bathroom, holding her hair back and rubbing circles on her back.
"Someone drunk too much." I whispered, the red head nodding a little. "Come on, we have water in my room, you can have some water and then you can go to sleep." I cooed, picking her up and carrying her to my room, sitting her down on my bed. I knew she wouldnt be able to go into school tomorrow, so Id call in sick for her before taking her home. I handed her the bottle of water, letting her drink some of it before putting the bottle down.
"Too hot...." She groaned, pulling my hoodie off. I blushed a little, taking off my shirt and putting that on her.
"You'll be cooler in that." I whispered, not wanting her to do something she didnt want to while drunk. I had her lay back down, taking off my jeans and laying down next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. I could already hear her deep breathing, signalling that she was already asleep. I smiled and kissed her forehead.
"Goodnight Di..."

*The Next Morning*

Diannes POV

I woke up with a banging headache, whining a little.
"Morning." Joe said softly, handing me a couple pills and some water. I smiled, taking  the pills with the water. "Ive already called in sick for you. Im taking you home when youre ready."
"What time is it?" I whined, ready to go back to sleep.
"6:30am" He said, sitting next to me, playing with my hair.
"Do I have to go home....?" I sniffed.
"Yeah, Ill come over to yours after school with work and to come see if youre okay." He smiled, picking me up. He gave me my school skirt to put on, putting the rest of my clothes in my school bag before giving me his hoodie. I put it on, leaning into his shoulder. "Lets go then. When you get home you can sleep." He cooed, kissing my forehead. I nodded, wrapping my arms around him as he carried me downstairs and out the house. I shivered due to the cold which caused Joe to hold me closer. I smiled, closing my eyes, falling asleep in his arms.

I woke up when we got to my flat. Joe put me down and knocked, my aunt opening it not long after.
"Im sorry for waking you up so early, Dianne sick so I wanted to bring her home before I went off to school." Joe smiled, kissing my forehead as a goodbye before leaving.

*Warning: Abuse starts here*

I stepped through the door, and when my aunt closed it she started screaming at me. I already had a hangover and her screaming made my head hurt like hell. I began to hide in the corner of the hallway away from her, but she closed in on me, slapping my cheek.
"Useless you are. Completely useless. It shouldve been you that died in the crash! Not your mother!" She snarled, causing me to cry. I couldnt say she was wrong. She grabbed my shirt, before throwing me against the wall and hitting me again. I couldnt stop the tears that streamed down my cheeks. She grabbed me and threw me away from her. I stumbled backwards, falling over the coffee table, hitting my heas on the corner of it. I could feel it bleeding, and I knew a patch of my hair would be going a darker red.
"Look at you!" She snapped, pulling me up.
"Pathetic. I dont know why that nice boy puts up with you. He should be dedicating his time hurting you." She said before dropping me. "Now, go to your room and I dont want to see you until tomorrow." She snapped, and I didnt waste time getting back to my feet and running to the bathroom first since I needed to throw up. My head hurt worse and my body ached due to Melony and now my aunt. I flushed the toilet when I finished throwing up, brushing my teeth before going to my room and locking the door. I laid down on my bed, feeling tears streaming down my cheek as I fell asleep.

When I woke up I heard the front door lock. My aunt mustve just gone out. I looked at my clock to check the time. 2pm. I groaned and sat up, my hangover having worn off a lot more. I got up and walked to my wardrobe, taking out some clothes before walking to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, washing my hair before getting out and drying myself off. I got dressed, letting my hair air dry because Im lazy. I walked to the kitchen to go make some food, grabbing some fruit out of the fridge and putting it all into a bowl and taking it into the living room. I turned on our old tv, putting on an old film, not really caring what it was since I wasnt paying too much attention. When I finished all the fruit I walked to the kitchen and washed the bowl before putting it away.  I went back to my living room, continuing to watch the awful film.

Around an hour later I heard a knock at the door. I got up and walked over, unlocking it and opening it.
"Joe!" I squealed and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, soon breaking the hug.
"I bring work and chocolate for you." He smiled, stepping in and closing the door.
I smiled softly, taking the stuff from him.
"How did you aunt react?" He asked. I looked down, tearing up.
"N-not well."
"Dianne I swear if that woman put a hand on you." He held me close, letting me cry into his chest. He mustve felt me flinch under him when he squeezed me.
"Bruises?" He asked and I nodded. He sat me down on the sofa and pulled my shirt up, seeing the bruises forming on me. "Oh babe...." he whined and kissed my forehead.
"Is this just Melony?" He asked, and I gently shook my head.
"I dont care what your aunt says. You cant be living like this." He said. "You can come live with me for a while. We can tell your aunt where you are but wont tell her my address." Joe added. I knew I couldnt stop him, but it made me smile. It showes he cared too much. He left the room, however I could faintly hear him talking to his mum over the phone, briefly explaing things. Around 5 minutes later he walked back in.
"Mum said you can stay." He smiled. I ran over and hugged him, wrapping my legs round him. He smiled, carrying me to my room, putting me on my bed.
"Do you have a suitcase?"
"Small one in my wardrobe." I said. He took the suitcase out, and together we put in everything Id need. He finished packing for me while I wrote a note for my aunt. I left it on the kitchen counter, putting my shoes on, waiting for Joes mum to come pick us up. I smiled, walking down and out the apartment block. Joe put my suitcase in tje boot of the car before getting in.
"Thank you for letting me stay with you."
"No problem sweetie. Its the least we can do for you." She said sweetly as she began to drive back to Joes.

We were on the way to a real home.

A/N

How do you think Dianne's aunt will react to Dianne going away for a while. Will Dianne ever actually go back? Who knows? (Well I know but thats not the point 😂😂)