Chapter 19

I put my earrings in and opened the door.

Hudson stood there in a navy blue suit and a bouquet of red roses.

"Beautiful roses for a beautiful lady " he smiled and handed me the bouquet.

I put it on the wooden shelf next to my bed.

"You shouldn't have" I chuckled and covered my blushing cheeks.

He held out his angled arm so I could hook in. We walked to the car together and he gave me a small blue box after he started the motor.

"What is that?" I opened the box and my eyes widen.

A beautiful diamond ring sparkles contrary to me.

Hudson took it and put it on my finger. A satisfied grin appeared on his face as he turned my hand to see how the ring fitted.

"You don't have an invitation so you will have to pretend to be my fiancée" he said as we started driving.

I admired the ring and dress I was wearing.

"Are you sure? To me it seems like you just want to claim me yours" I teased him.

He smirked and glimpsed at me "So what if I want you to wear the ring? If I want to claim you mine?"

I raised my eyebrows and I felt my cheeks. My heartbeat raised and I first started breathing again as he burst out in laughter.

He was just kidding. Of course he was just kidding! Why else would he say that?

"Then you would be lying and breaking your promise" I commented as I found my voice again.

Hudson glimpsed over and I could see small wrinkles between his eyebrows.

"Okay, fine! You actually DO need an invitation and that's why I need a good reason to get you in without one. And I would like you to wear that ring. Looks good on you" he replied lightly pissed.

An hour later we arrived at a beautiful mansion.

Two queues waited at the gate. The longer one consisted mostly young women in too short dresses. In the second queue waited formal dressed people.

Hudson lead me to the shorter queue and introduced me as his fiancée, Sienna to the bouncer. He nodded and took a step aside so we could pass.

"Remember! Don't tell anyone your real name" Hudson's lips prowled my ear as he whispered.

He put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer. The mansion was filled with laughing guests and waiters.

A petite woman with short brown hair and a green cocktail dress came along and hugged Hudson.

"Who is your friend?" She gave me a beautiful smile revealing big white teeth.

I smiled back and shook her hand "Sienna. Pleasure to meet you."

She was just about to tell me her name when a man appeared behind her, twirled her around and kissed her passionately.

Searching for help I looked up to Hudson. He just waved it off and lead me to another room which turned out to be a ballroom.

The walls had a warm creamy tone with bordeaux and golden accents. Classic music was playing and people danced the waltzer to it.

This room completely distinguished from the entrance hall. When we first walked in I had the feeling of being in a casino and now I participated a royal ball in the 19 hundreds.

"I will be right back" Hudson winked at me and disappeared in the crowd.

Awkwardly I stepped aside so nobody would bump into me.

It was a beautiful scenery but I felt like the odd one out. I didn't fit in here. These people were all so well dressed and elegant. I on the other hand never owned or even wore such an expensive dress as today before.

"Why would anyone let a woman like you stand here all alone?" A smoky voice appeared teasingly next to me.

A young man with wide shoulders and caramel skin stood next to me. He had dark brown curls and warm brown eyes. Over his eyebrows twinkled a silver piercing.

"Up for a dance?" He gave me a charming smile.

Usually, I was no good dancer but with him leading it wasn't as hard as I remembered it.

"So, what's the beauties name?" He asked.

Another couple bumped into us and quickly apologized. They were clearly drunk.

"Sienna. And what about you?" I smiled back at him.

"It's Drew. Drew Blackburn."