CHAPTER FORTY - FOUR: A YEAR AND A HALF

Start from the beginning

Maybe we shouldn't have slept in Isaac's rest house. Maybe if I was home last night, they wouldn't have left. Maybe I could have explained things to them clearly, gently.

"I'm sorry Sir Isaac. You would need flight clearance for this," the machine answered.

"Authority clearance number 7920 1709 582," Isaac said in a hurry which surprised me a bit.

"Authority Clearance accepted. All cleared. Flight schedule for Raphael Monstefar and company is none for commercial airlines. But private airplane travel cleared last night at 10:17pm, destination Seoul South Korea, arrived safely at the Incheon International Airport at 2:30 am."

The reality of it all is incomprehensible. How could they just leave me without saying goodbye? How can Tae or Jin... Hobi... I can't.

Isaac sat in front of me, on his knees. He held my hands, making me look at him.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I shook my head as tears tempted to fall. I know I wanted them gone from my life. I know being with them was a mistake for the past weeks. I know the boys have feelings for me. I know I have hurt RM and Suga, all of them maybe. But it still hurts. A part of me misses them already. And I know I will miss them.

"This is for the better. This is still Allah's Plan," Isaac said, comforting me.

I didn't speak. I couldn't as the possible detriments of their leaving came into my thinking. What if they are in Korea to sign up for Big Hit Entertainment? What if this was all my fault? I made them love music. I made them create music. I made them perform music.

I covered my face and began stuttering words to my husband about how I felt, about how I blamed myself.

"Shhh, stop crying. It's not your fault. They made their choice. You made yours. They're your non – mahram Baby. It's not right to cry over them," Isaac said.

This made me returned to my senses. I wiped my tears and composed myself.

"Mr. Isaac, would you want to order in for your breakfast? Same order from McDonalds?" the machine said.

Isaac was about to answer when I interrupted him.

"Why don't I prepare breakfast for you?" I said to him.

I stood up and so did he. He brushed my arms with both of his hands, and gazed at me.

"Okay Google, No. My wife will prepare my breakfast. Log out now," he said.

"Logging out," the machine said.

"I want that machine out of this house," I told Isaac.

He smiled at me and then pinch my nose.

"Of course," he said.

He held my hand and we both argued whether to take a shower together or prepare our food together. But I needed time alone, and maybe he sensed that. So he took the shower while I prepared breakfast.

I was mixing mayonnaise in the vegetable salad while listening to the news from the tv I turned on from the living room, with its loud volume.

"Meanwhile, Big Hit Entertainment announces the debut of The Bulletproof Scouts. In the Philippines, they are better known as The Handsome Seven. RM, Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung, J-Hope, Jin and Suga have arrived at Seoul and are set to work on their first album. The Big Hit Entertainment said that the boys will be available for interviews and guestings only after the much-anticipated debut. Overnight, the fans already have come up with their own organization and fandom," the reporter said.