Tyler rubbed his face in annoyance. That wasn't new either. He didn't even bother going to Jay's room, knowing was just playing Fortnite on the X-Box connected to the big ass flat screen TV in his room. Tyler found it ridiculous that as a twelve year old he had more stuff in his room than most adults had in their whole house.

The thing about Tyler was that he knew he was privileged. He knew he had money. He knew he was well off. He used to be just like his siblings but by the time he was eight he realized how not to be an asshole about it. Hanging out with normal people like the friends he had now helped. His siblings only interacted with people whose bank accounts matched theirs. It was sad.

His room was the size of his siblings' rooms but he just didn't have a ton of expensive shit in there. He had his large bed and flat screen TV and everything else was cheap or averagely priced. He didn't even want the TV in there— it was built into the wall. He didn't have a giant canopy bed and lots of clothes like Maddy. He didn't have a bunch of trophies and expensive sports shit like Zack. He didn't have a million different electronic devices like Jay. Hell, his car was a 2014 model while Zack and Maddy's were 2018. He just didn't care about being materialistic. He used his money for necessities, college, and hanging out with his friends. That was it.

He was cut off from his thoughts by the doorbell ringing. Hurrying down, he answered it so his butler didn't have to (he didn't even know the poor guy's name because he was too busy running around the house and taking care of his helpless family). Swinging open the door he was met with a smiling Jenna. "Hey!" She greeted.

"Hi," Tyler stepped aside to let her in. Just then, the butler walked into the entry room.

"Oh, I apologize, Mr. Joseph," the older man spoke. "I was making dinner. I could have gotten the door."

"It's okay," Tyler assured. "I'm an adult I can answer the door myself," he laughed causing the other to smile. "Thank you for making dinner though. I appreciate even if they don't."

"Just doing my job," he winked before walking off. Tyler glanced at Jenna and could tell she felt uncomfortable in his overwhelming house.

"We can go to my room," Tyler told her. Jenna just nodded before following him up the grand staircase. He was praying to any God listening (even though he was atheist unbeknownst to his uptight Christian parents) that Zack still wasn't fucking his girlfriend and sighed in relief when they reached the hallway and it was silent.

When they walked into Tyler's room Jenna let out a gasp. She had never been to his house mostly because he didn't like it when people came over. He was embarrassed of it. Whenever they hung out it was at her house or somewhere in public. "Your room."

"Yeah," he replied. "It's big and I don't like it. All of the shit in here except the bed and TV I bought from Target," he forced out a laugh so it wasn't awkward.

"It's cute. I like it better than the rest of your house. It feels cozier."

"Thank you," he smiled at her.

"I know you don't like it when people come over so if you invited me there must be something important," she pointed out.

"Uh, yeah..." he took a deep breath. "I'm gonna tell you something and it's not your fault and it has nothing to do with you, okay?"

He watched her face for any sign of hurt or sadness but it remained gentle. "Okay."

"I um... I love you a lot. You're my second closest friend and I appreciate you so much. But as a friend. It's not your fault I just..." he ran a hand through his hair. "You're a great girl and you're smart and funny and beautiful and talented and–"

"Tyler it's okay," Jenna grabbed his shaking hands.

"I'm gay," he told her.

"I know," she smiled softly.

"Wait, what?"

"I heard you at the party last night. Don't worry, I don't think anyone else heard. I was just going to come in tell you guys bye and I heard you say it."

"You're not mad?" He asked.

"Of course not," she told him. "It's like you told me. You can't control your heart. I know you still love me as a friend and I'll always love you as a friend. I'll get over liking you. I'm alright."

Tyler pulled her in for a hug, squeezing her tight. "Thank you," he breathed out.

"Don't thank me," she pulled back and kissed him on the cheek. "That's what friends are for."

"Can I tell you something else? I can't talk to anyone about it and it's driving me crazy. I think I'm going to explode."

"Yeah, you can tell me."

"I like Josh. A lot. I know he's straight and nothing is going to happen but fuck, Jenna. I like him so much and I don't know why it took me nine whole ass years but it also took me that long to realize I liked dick and—"

"It's okay," Jenna laughed, cutting him off again. "It's probably just a combination of finally figuring out you like boys and you leaving soon and him being your other half. You guys would be cute together."

"We'll never get together though," he sighed. "He doesn't like boys."

"You never know," she hummed. "I mean don't like profess your undying love for him or anything but just keep and open mind."

"Okay," Tyler nodded. "Thank you again."

"Thank you for telling me and for feeling comfortable enough to tell me. I love you."

"I love you too," he smiled contently at her.