He pulled apart enough to look into my eyes. "I'll always be here. I'll find a way to protect you from Isaac. But even if I don't, I'll make sure you're safe. You can count on me even if I have to pretend like I don't feel the way I do."

"What do you mean?" My heart skipped a beat.

"I'll be by your side. So you should get some sleep. But if you have any other nightmares I'll be there to save you." He gave me an award winning smile.

Somehow I found myself smiling back and as I went back to my bed, I managed to sleep feeling warm and protected.

~~~~~

The curtain was pulled open to let light filter through. I groaned as I pulled the covers over my head.

A weight fell and crashed on my bed as it shook underneath the heavy load. "How can you still be sleeping!?" Cathy's loud voice nearly jumped me awake.

"Shut up." I rolled away from her.

If my eyes weren't closed I'm pretty sure I would be seing her glaring and disappointed face looking down at me. I can't help it, I'm not a morning person. Especially since I barely slept.

"Mr Clark came over and told us that we had a free day today to do whatever we wanted!"

"Great." I faked excitement as I closed my eyes.

"No wake up!" She pulled the covers from me.

"It's nearly lunch time you know?"

"What? Oh... Great." I got out of bed and tried to get dressed quickly.

When I finally joined the others in the living room, Max was sat in between Shae and Ellie and he looked up as I came in.

I gave him a small smile making sure it wasn't too noticeable and ignored the two girls glaring at me.

"Let's play in the snow!" Cathy and Will spoke in unison.

"I forgot about the snow." I muttered still half asleep.

"We could walk around together, I'd keep you warm." Ace smirked at me.

"Umm, I'm okay thanks." I looked away.

"Okay I have an idea. We can take the train up the mountain and eat at the top. And then walk around and rent some skis?" Isaac suggested, as much as I didn't want to admit it, I liked the idea.

"Sounds fun." I nodded. I really couldn't wait to go down the slopes tomorrow, hopefully after a better night's sleep.

"Great. Let me grab the keys." Will spoke as he got up.

After he locked up, we made our way to the small train station that could get us higher up the mountains.

The seats on the train were arranged in fours so that two people were facing backwards. The girls fought to sit next to Max and Ace, who ended up sitting in a four. I sat on the opposite side with Cathy, Isaac and Will opposite us.

Taking my phone out, I started taking pictures as the train advanced up the mountain. We had arrived when it was dark so I wasn't able to appreciate how beautiful everything was, but now with the sun shining across the valley, I could happily enjoy the view. It was breathtaking, the snow started piling up as we got up but just seing the small houses and forests underneath us as we gained height was amazing.

I took a couple pictures but not before seing someone reflected in my phone screen. Shae was clinging onto Max but he was looking at me. Well, at my back considering I was turned away from him. Yet the thought that he was looking at me somehow warmed my heart. What was he thinking?