CHAPTER 14

-MIA DAWSON-

"They thought this was the way to keep you safe" the women in front of me told. They?

"Who?" I ask.

"We..." Axel spoke dropped in his knees, eyes pleading for forgiveness I suppose, which he surely won't get from me.

"You knew!?" i am even more aggravated than before. He knew it, he knew it from the start but still he played along. For what? To get me killed? He acted up all these years as an ally to become close to me to kill me waiting for his chance. And what's more he even knew that my parents died which I am not even aware off.

"Yes, I knew all along, from the start, but I dint know I would... I would like you this much that it would be difficult to part from you,... I just thought of you as a danger in the start and nothing more, so I just dint care about your parents and such I wanted you gone that time....but... but not now,... I want you" he looks vulnerable. He is waiting for me to say something, anything that will make him a bit relieved but...

"Mia, say something please" he pleads.

"Its fine Axel, it's okay, it's just my parents right? It's okay that I won't be able to see them anymore it's okay that I haven't even said my goodbyes to them properly, I have never even seen their funeral, oh did you guys held a proper funeral for them or just faked it too like my fake mum standing here?" I scream my life out. Is this what he wants me to say!? That I am okay and super cool with all this. Here you go buddy I have just said it.

My fake mum and Axel looks devastated like that is even possible? To cheat someone's feelings and be sorry for them at the same time.

I was so furious with my words and feelings that I actually din't notice grandpa standing by my side.

"I am sorry, dear. That I wasn't there to protect you. I searched for you all these years Mia, to take you home. Our home. Where your dad grew , where you were born. Come with me my child" grandpa pleaded with his hands patting my head which sent a familiarity. Home? Does that even exist now?

"Wait... my dad grew up?" I frowned completely confused.

"Yes. He is my son" he speaks further " Mia, I know there are plenty of things that you want to know but this is not the safest place so please come with me"

"wha-"

"No she won't "Axel cut me off.

"You have just no right to restrain me, Axel "I scowl at him.

"Mia, jus-"I cut him off this time. Enough of his ridiculous speech.

"No, I am not going to listen to you, and I will never ever forgive you both." I look both Axel and fake mum. It pains me more. I just love these two people the most. Maybe that is why it hurts like hell.

"You should have known better Axel" I continue. "With your parents dead you should have known how it feels to be alone all of sudden at least you saw them last, I dint get my chance and worst of all I lived with people full of lies.

You know what I think? it's the best you're parents' died because I am sure they don't want to see you become a monster killing people's feelings without even knowing about it. I am glad."

He is hurt. Totally. I want him to feel it. All over again. How could he? How could she? But I am angrier with Axel than my mum because for past 5 years she always held a distance from me, and a part of me knew that something of her changed from that accident. My dad sorry my fake dad was never around. It was like I was alone all the time but just having someone to call mom.

It's different with Axel. He grew on me. He knew me all well. We spent almost every day together. He was there when no one was, not even my fake mum and dad. I just hate him. Hate him for taking care of me. For being there for me.

Axel just stood there staring at me, clenching his fist to his chest. He is broke. From my words. From me. Pain, I made him feel it.

But... why does it make me feel more pain, seeing him like this should have made me feel relieved but... it just worsens me.

I turn away from him. I hate him... yes... I just hate him... hate...

I close my eyes not wanting to cry anymore. I clench my fist tight. A warm hand caresses my fist. I look up to see grandpa beside me.

He holds my hands and the next thing I know is I am in a room.

Dark room.

"Good thing you dint leave my hands." He sighs. He flicks his finger and the four corners of the room where an ancient antique tripod glows of fire all of sudden. I rubbed my eye. Like what? What the hell?

"Whoa" I was stunned by this 'what-the-hell-just-happened-act' looking at him. He just flicked... and the room... lit up. "Did that just happen?" I ask

"It certainly did" he chuckled.